quick question

Bridg89

qucik question

so i just did a reading ... and i've always wondered this --is there any significance in more than one number or suit... i got 5 pentacle cards in my reading i just did... not sure if that means anyhting and if someone knows a good site that could show the relationship between cards when things like that occur ... that would be greattt

Signet

Well, what I've read is that if there are many cards of a particular suit that appears, then that means that an aspect of that suit is something that you should note. For example, in your case, many pentacles could mean that finances or health is a theme in your situation; if there are a lot of cups, then the situation has an emotional theme.

If a particular number shows up then the situation involves a combination of the two; for example, two aces might mean a start of something that combines the aspects of the two suits (like an ace of swords and ace of pentacles).

A site I have in my bookmarks that might help you is Learning the Tarot at http://www.learntarot.com/

Tarot Eon

The excess of a suit, or the lack of a suit can be important. As can, in some cases, the cards that are not present at all.

An excess of pentacles might indicate stability - but does that stop things changing?

On a positive note, it would suggest long term growth, it would suggest that plans can form firm foundations for future success.

On the downside, if your looking for rapid changes, an excess of pentacles will slow that down.

If pentacles are missing altogether - we might see that as indicating the situation can't possibly last long. It has no foundations. This situation will change, and feel uncertain for some time to come.

Hope that helps :D

Aladdin

It could be that you are bogged down in working for someone else for the time being.

starrystarrynight

I think when I get a lot of one suit in a spread, it means two things: first, obviously, the emphasis on the energy of that suit is over-represented in the situation. But also, because of this, it means that something else--some other suit(s)--are woefully under-represented.

With an abundance of Pentacles, I think that the person or situation is "over-grounded", even stuck in the mud, rigid, perhaps overly conscious of the physical plane and often very slow-moving. There might be too much emphasis on money or physical pleasures.

With a lot of Wands, it could be that the situation is over-energized...too much tension, passion, or butting of heads. Sometimes, it represents a power struggle or suggests the situation is moving too fast and is very intense.

A lot of Cups makes me think that too much emotion is involved--to the point of the person or situation being somewhat unrealistic because the seeker is leading with his heart instead of his head. There is often a lot of vulnerability when a prominence of Cups shows up in a spread, in my experience...because, again the person is feeling his way through things too much.

Many Swords would be much the opposite to me--too much thought and not enough feeling. Maybe the seeker is unable to move because he can't get out of his head and he keeps over thinking the situation. Sometimes, it means a lot of mind games are being played out in the situation.

Bridg89

wow... ok thanks guys that all makes a lot of sense :D - thanks for posting