Death card

csophia

Got the Death card for a question about a relationship that hasn't started... I'm new and can only see this card as a transformation card... but what about something that didn't even start... that would mean that it will never begin...

If anyone could give ideas about it... Thank you so much!!!

VioletEye

there are cards that depict death as pregnant - so there is potential there, but perhaps you need to end something else to allow the potential to be born. it could be another relationship, a way of thinking, some situation or another.
also, sometimes death is about looking at and accepting your fate willingly - there's a sense of the inevitable, which can be both comforting and terrifying!

SabrinaSpellman

It could either be the relationship will "end" before it actually begins. Or it could possibly mean that the relationship that you may have with this person will leave an imprint on your life, I would look at the surrounding cards (if there is any) to clarify what the Death card may mean.

earthmama

I'd say it looks pretty bleak. Perhaps you can pull a clarification card? This can tell you whether it's a transformation into a different phase, or if it's just "dead" before it's even begun.

Richard

Got the Death card for a question about a relationship that hasn't started... I'm new and can only see this card as a transformation card... but what about something that didn't even start... that would mean that it will never begin...

If anyone could give ideas about it... Thank you so much!!!
Death is the Scorpio card. Scorpio is symbolized by the scorpion, snake, and eagle. If a relationship does come about, it is likely to be passionate and intense. Death also is related to the fish and the Emperor, which suggest fertility and domination. Death is a radical transformation which involves destruction (scorpion), fertilization (snake) and rebirth (eagle). There would be a danger of losing one's individuality (ego) in a Scorpio relationship.

Death as termination or non-being is better represented by the 4 of Swords, not Trump 13.

Attachments

• death.jpg
    death.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 162

csophia

Thank you!

Thanks for all the inputs about the Death card in this situation...

tarotcognito

I'm with LRichard on this one. Having gone through a very intense, passionate and transformative relationship with a Scorpio, 25 years ago, I can say that this was a relationship that marked me in a way no other has, either before or since. Death signifies the kind of "life event" that changes you forever, that you never forget, and that you carry with you always.

Just my two cents. :)

ChristianReader

Something that hasnt started cannot die :) Death card is connected to the Scorpio zodiac. It does have a lot to do with transfiguration as well but one of the biggest themes to this very complicated card is INTENSITY. The concept of death is a very intense one as well as the zodiac Scorpio. I have no idea what your specific question was concerning the relationship so i am reading from a "possibility of a relationship with this person" stand point. I feel the union will be intense, deep, sensitive, in a negative light you two can get jealous of the other or the way the other interacts with people, there will be a very odd connection, to the one of you or both this relationship will open you up to a whole new world of things that you've never experienced be it through sex, bond, love you feel, perception, and an overall closeness one or both of you have yet to have in life so far. The death card is not bad at all but very complex. You must have a clear understanding of the cards around this one but death is telling you what you could have will be very profound...Also im a july cancer and my very 1st committed relationship was with a scorpio. Its very intense and just....crazy in every way. Personally it didnt end well for me and i swore them off for years lol but i never had any relationship remotely similar to that one. It definitely will stand out for the rest of my life

willowfox

***Death indicates a change in status, from alive to dead, from non existent to existent, a change must happen.

Richard

***Death indicates a change in status, from alive to dead, from non existent to existent, a change must happen.
Indeed it does. I believe that Joseph Campbell made the observation that any relationship (such as marriage) involves sacrifice. You give up a part of your individuality (your identity) in order to enter into a relationship. That sort of death certainly occurs in a union orchestrated by Scorpio. As for the transition from death to life, which is admittedly implied by Death, we have the Judgment card, wherein the fire of creativity brings the non existent into existence, in the twinkling of an eye.