Death for health

BLFO

Does Death for health only mean that someone will die or can it mean more things than that?

Thirteen

BLFO said:
Does Death for health only mean that someone will die or can it mean more things than that?
Not at all. It might mean, to the contrary, that their health problems will "die" and come to an end. It could mean a surgery where something is removed (like an appendicitis), and what was giving the person trouble is gone, and they can start fresh.

Keep in mind, the Death card involves a period of mourning. So whatever happens to this person regarding their health--new medicine, surgery, a change they have to accept (giving up smoking, drinking, drugs)--they will go through a period of depression, maybe even hospitalization. They will need to deal with a low point before they can start fresh.

The crowned one

IF you had Cancer it could mean you are about to beat it. It is a end of a cycle often. A letting go whether done in fear or happiness.

It would mean a sudden change in your health status the other cards would indicate which direction.

willowfox

Death is about change, so a change in a person's condition could mean the ending of their illness and a change for the better.

I suppose for a very healthy person, Death could suggest an illness coming soon.

BLFO

Whew! Okay, I thought I was being paranoid. I got the Death card then for clarification I got a Judgement card. I thought it mean that I would die and go to heaven! LOL

I had painful spasm in the back of my neck and now it is gone. Somene say it was probably a pinched nerve.

Now I get it. It is a release from my illness or injury.

balenciaga

BLFO said:
I had painful spasm in the back of my neck and now it is gone. Somene say it was probably a pinched nerve.

Ha! I have the same pinched pain in my neck - now I hope to pull the Death card as well! Thanks for sharing this info, BLFO!

Thirteen

Don't Do Health Readings!

BLFO said:
Whew! Okay, I thought I was being paranoid. I got the Death card then for clarification I got a Judgement card. I thought it mean that I would die and go to heaven!
Judgement is often a card about recuperation.

But you really shouldn't be doing health readings, most especially on yourself. I know it's tempting, and I know there are readers out there who will use the cards to advice on health, but it's a real mistake, as you can see for yourself. You did a reading, and however minor your problem, you suddenly thought you were gonna die. What if you'd done that reading for a friend? Made them spend a week terrified and frantic, afraid to go to doctor to REALLY find out what was wrong? How would you feel then?

There are too many different illness and health problems that have similar symptoms--and many people sometimes have unusual symptoms for common illnesses (Houdini had an appendicitis but his appendix was on the opposite side so people weren't sure that's what was wrong with him). It's a very, very dangerous thing to use the tarot to try and figure out what's wrong with you--or even what's going to happen to you. Blood tests, MRI's, X-Rays, etc. will tell your Doctor and you *EXACTLY* what's wrong and what your prognosis likely is. The cards will only allow you to play guessing games at what's wrong and what's going to happen...and leave you as terrified and in the dark as you were before.

[stepping off the soapbox]

le fey

*applause*

And then, a story...

Death/Judgment came up a lot for me, along with the Tower, in the weeks leading up to and following a bit of major surgery that has lifelong implications for what I can do. Not used as diagnosis, but as advice on how to cope and recover.

The Tower seemed to point to the way all the stuff that was 'simple' just wasn't anymore. I had to relearn how to walk, how to move in different ways to avoid damaging a prosthetic hip. Death to me in that situation was the death of my previous mobility and on into the rebirth into this new body that is in many ways better than before but does require some getting used to... that is, after the fact, you're not the same. It's a new day, new requirements.

And that's where Judgment comes in - get a decent diagnosis and health plan from your doctor and follow their instructions! It really does make a difference to your health and recovery to just practice sense, take good care of yourself and listen to the people charged with looking out for your health - they aren't just saying stuff to fill up the soundwaves.

(And also...because this is an old issue with me, avoiding doctors, Judgment is pretty much always yelling at me to stop worrying about what might be wrong and go find out what really is wrong. Always, actually getting the diagnosis and treatment plan turns out to be less horrible than I imagined it would be.)

BLFO

Thirteen said:
Judgement is often a card about recuperation.

But you really shouldn't be doing health readings, most especially on yourself. I know it's tempting, and I know there are readers out there who will use the cards to advice on health, but it's a real mistake, as you can see for yourself. You did a reading, and however minor your problem, you suddenly thought you were gonna die. What if you'd done that reading for a friend? Made them spend a week terrified and frantic, afraid to go to doctor to REALLY find out what was wrong? How would you feel then?

There are too many different illness and health problems that have similar symptoms--and many people sometimes have unusual symptoms for common illnesses (Houdini had an appendicitis but his appendix was on the opposite side so people weren't sure that's what was wrong with him). It's a very, very dangerous thing to use the tarot to try and figure out what's wrong with you--or even what's going to happen to you. Blood tests, MRI's, X-Rays, etc. will tell your Doctor and you *EXACTLY* what's wrong and what your prognosis likely is. The cards will only allow you to play guessing games at what's wrong and what's going to happen...and leave you as terrified and in the dark as you were before.

[stepping off the soapbox]

I learned a lesson. I only did a health reading because it came along with a spread : Love, Work, Money and Health.

I do this spread weekly and monthly.

Yeah, for almost a week when the pain got stronger, I thought maybe it was my arteries in the back of my neck spasming. I was thinking blood clot and then maybe soon I would die of a stroke.

I am gonna get rid of the health readings, except I will keep my dieting/weightloss spread.

balenciaga

Thirteen said:
(Houdini had an appendicitis but his appendix was on the opposite side so people weren't sure that's what was wrong with him).

I hear they are going to reexamine the remains of Houdini - they think he might have been poisoned and did not die of appendicitis after all.