Death RX as a job?

LovelyMissAries

How would you describe Death RX as someone's job? Do you think it would be reviving things back to life or tending to things almost dead? Does it represent someone who has been at their job longer than expected? Does it mean they haven't changed jobs in awhile, or even do they have a job?

Grizabella

Death can be seen as transformation, so I think Death reversed could mean that it's a job where there's no transformative properties at all to the job. Just a ho-hum, repetitive job with no future and no change.

velvet

Yeah that could be it. It could be a job that has the same routine and its nothing new. Kind of like a fast food place or working in a restaurant doing the same thing.

moderndayruth

Starlight09 said:
How would you describe Death RX as someone's job?
Anesthetist, nurse or doctor maybe. (Had it coming out for my Godmother who is dr anesthetist. )

starrystarrynight

A job with no chance for promotion, perhaps. Or, maybe it describes the person in his job, which might say that he has cubbyholed himself in one position and shuns advancement.

LovelyMissAries

Thank you guys for your interpretations so far! I do agree with Griz's take that it's a job with no transformative properties to it. I'm wondering how someone would get anesthesiest from it though? I get the doctor idea, because it's the Death card afterall, but the other one seems more precise. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something when looking at the card that would point to it.

velvet

I don't know but what also came into my mind was a graveyard shift kind of work as well.

LovelyMissAries

velvet said:
I don't know but what also came into my mind was a graveyard shift kind of work as well.

That's a very interesting take! I like it. :)

nisaba

Or something like counselling or mediation (or even a switchboard operator) where instead of breaking connections like an upright Death, you are forging connections?

Edited to add: Electrician or linesman, repairing electrical connections (and running the risk of facing Death every day!)

Thirteen

Starlight09 said:
I'm wondering how someone would get anesthesiest from it though?
The anesthetist "deadens" the pain. Pain tells you that you're alive. Loss off feeling relates to death. Also connected to morphine and opium, which were all related to death in classical mythology (In some stories, Morpheus, the god of sleep and namesake of morphine, was the son of Hades, god of the dead)--such drugs help people escape from life. Death, after all, was considered the "sleep' that you don't wake from. No surprise, therefore, if Death rx is "sleep" the "fake death" that you do wake up from. ;)

Which might be your answer. Sleep related jobs from selling mattresses to helping insomniacs to an anesthesiologist. Or someone who helps create or handout pain medications. Maybe the person is going to get a job in medical marijuana?