Death

Rain

I asked the cards a question in referance to a life or death predicament I found myself involved in. The death card poped out of the deck. how would you interpret this? I must admit I got scared, but most interpretations of this card do not mean physical death. Does this also apply in a question about death? Or a question about me dying?

Geenius at Wrok

It would be easier to judge if you'd provide the entire spread, for context.

jade

what were the other cards? what deck did you use? and what layout?

but without that info i would take it to mean that you will be letting go of something.......................

but i need more info than just one card.

(it's kinda like giving you a letter from the alphabet and asking what word it means - you need more info than just a letter)

in light,
jade

Mojo

I don't think the rest of the cards make a difference if Death literally popped out of the deck.

But I'd sure want to know how you phrased your question before I'd take a guess at possible meanings....

Sometimes the cards can be quite literal if you ask the wrong questions.

jade

mojo

even though the death card popped out of the deck, personally i would still read it as a part of the reading..............but the great part about the tarot is that it's very ecclectic. we can all do it whichever way works best for us.

there's no right way or wrong way, just different ways :) (i'm trying to say that my way isn't the only way)

:)
in light,
jade :)

Thirteen

I know you may not want to get into it, but I think we really need to know the question here. You say "a life or death prediciment"--that's pretty severe. Is it really life or death? Are you asking if you should take someone off life-support? I think the death card certainly had meaning--but I wouldn't take it literally as "death" unless this is really is "life or death."

Rain

Thank you for all of your replies...

I was under the impression that the Moon was a card of the psychic, among other things. That is why when it poped out of the deck I got scared. Let me see if I can clairify...

The dreams I've been having have been of me contracting the HIV virus. the first 2 dreams scared me enough, so I went and got tested. You can't possibly immagine my relief when the test came out negative. This was January 5. I know I'm not HIV positive at this time, but what scares me the most is the thought that this could be a warning signal of what may happen in my future. After doing the reading where the Death card appeard, I reshuffled the deck and laid out all the cards up side down. I took some time and decided to pick only one card of the 78 I laid out. The card that grabbed my attention seemed to be calling my name, definite intuition...I turned it over, and again, Death. It bothered me that out of all 78, the one that caught my attention was the one card I dredded the most. What topped it off was when the moon card ( psychic intuition ) popped up.

I am an extremely spiritual person, and I do believe that we as Tarot readers can tap into communication with the Spirit world. I also understand that amung the many advanced spirits, there are also inferior spirits that attempt to get us caught up in our everyday activities. Whether we fall subject to those attempts depend on the degree of out enlightment as spirits...my question is, if we can tap into communication with "good" spirits, then can't "bad" spirits also hold the ability of communication through tarot? If so then can't all this be due to the many demons that try to hold us down? Misery loves company. And if so, how are we to determine which communication comes from a "good" spirit, and which comes from the "bad"? If the "bad" spirits hold the ability to do so, then can't they mislead us into thinking things that aren't actually so? Think about it and help me with my questions

I don't remember most of the cards, but I never did an actual spread. In the process of trying to do one, the card poped out. I'm really confused as to what the meaning behind this is. please help me

Rain

MattDouglas

My take!

Hi Rain! Well, here's my thoughts; take them as you will.

if you're not HIV positive than you, at this point, will not be dying of AIDS. Do remember that the usual meaning of the Death card is change. With that change comes the pain of grieving the death of the old so that the new may take its place.

If you were scared that you might have HIV then obviously you were participating in a behavior that would put you at risk for contracting it (Unless the change you are being asked to make is to get over hypochondria.). There are really only two major behaviors that would put you at such risk, sex and hypodermic drug use. Maybe your lifestyle has been rather carefree and it's time to take some responsibility. If the risky behavior has been herion, make sure you get some clean needles (or just quit altogether, though you may want to seek some professinal help for such an undertaking). If it's sex than either stop for awhile or practice safer sex (I say safer intentinally, it's never 100% safe, but of course, nothing in life is 100% safe). If you've had multiple partners try mongamy, and make sure to use protection.
Forgive me if this sounds moralistic, but it just seems to be jumping off the page at me. Besides, I don't have to have any tarot skill to know that the more ya juggle knives the more likely you are to get cut.

as for as evil spirits go, I am not so sure that they have such power over us unless we give it to them. Either way, on some level we always have free will. even if we get into a situation beyond our control, we had the free will to potentially keep ourselves out of it in the first place. For the most part, I feel that blaming our actions on being led by evil spirits is just an excuse to play the victim. Though it may not be our fault if we get sick, it is still our rsponsibility to get well.

The Truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off!

Hope that hlps,
Matt

Rhiannon

Rain, I apologize, but on some level I have to agree with Matt. If you are engaging in dangerous behavior you should certainly re-think it. Not from a moralistic standpoint at all, but simply out of common sense.

Ok, having said that.... and just in case the above does not apply to you... look at the dream this way: When I think of someone dying from AIDS I think of it in the same was as dying from cancer or any other "wasting" sort of disease. Slow and painful. (I must say that I have never experienced this, nor have I ever known anyone who has died of AIDS, this is just an impression that I get of the way it works. I apologize if I offend anyone.) Do you have a situation in your life that feels like it's just very long and drawn out and perhaps painful emotionally? Or is someone you love involved in a situation like this? That could explain the dream.

Also, if you are worried about spirits tampering with your readings I would suggest that you ground and center before you touch your cards. Ask that the God/dess and any other faeries or spirits surround, help and protect you during your efforts. That may help to alleviate some of the apprehension you are feeling.

((((hugs))))
Rhiannon :)

Mojo

Rain, we're tarot readers, not mind readers. You still haven't said what the question was.