deck of 156 cards

guy bannik

well, I guess now it is up to an experienced designer to take this idea and go with it. I have some extra ideas on this. For him or her who has inetntions to take this 156 cards on, let me know, I'll feed you some more.

I drew the chariot today, so I'll move on.

Sidhe-Ra

That's at least two years work even if you work on it every day! 78 is more than enough for me- good luck!

midniteeye

wouldn't the revelations tarot take care of the 156 cards deck problem?

zachlost

rwcarter said:
Slightly off-topic, but not really. I used two Transparent Tarot decks together for the 7 months that I exclusively used the deck. I didn't use reversed cards with that deck (I don't generally use reversals), but because the cards are transparent, I used what have come to be known as Mirror Image (MI) cards in the deck. (If a figure points right in the standard image, when the card is flipped 180 degrees around a vertical axis, the figure will now point to the left. This is what Mirror Imaged means.) When I first shuffled the two decks together, I had one deck in standard image and one in mirror image.

What a delicious idea, I'm not even going to work out the permutations and combinations on that one, but the final layered image would be like looking into crystals :)

blue_fusion

I wonder if zachlost ever considered printing the Revelations on transparencies, ala Transparent Tarot. Anyway, aside from the Revelations (the art of which is just wow), there's this other reversible deck I remember seeing years ago. It's called the Kirwan Tarot. I don't think it's finished, though. a 156-card deck sounds like a cool idea, but would be hell to shuffle.

I've finished working on something similar - though I didn't use the reversals as expansion. Instead, I made male and female versions of each card (and just the majors).

gregory

midniteeye said:
wouldn't the revelations tarot take care of the 156 cards deck problem?
Not quite, as you want the potential for drawing the same card both ways up, kind of ..... ;)

zachlost

Buy the Revelations Tarot, and save a tree!

gregory

I have it already. I love it ! But it would be fun to work with two copies at once.... *thinks*