Deck of Skulls

Sinduction

Crap. I love skulls.

I wish she had more info and more pics of the cards.

PedroEmperor

Wow! Like it! Too bad it's Majors only... I'm too accostumed to having Minors available in every deck :p

Sulis

I know it says it's tarot and that these are Majors but it really does look more like an oracle deck to me. I think maybe she's called these cards 'tarot' because she thinks she'll get more interest that way.
They're lovely but not for me; I just can't work with oracles.

Astraea Aurora

It looks lovely! :love: Me Wants! Would make a great addition to my Graven Images. Halloween is coming up ... and my wallet hates me. :D

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Sinduction

I contacted the seller for more information.

This is not a traditional deck. All the cards have been renamed and do not correspond to RWS at all.

Seller says it's meant to be an intuitive deck. So, I'd call it an oracle. :D

Sagefire

It's impressive looking artwork, oracle or neh. I like how the butterfly has landed on the skull's eyeball and he has this shocked expression, as in, whoa, there's a butterfly there!! The universe keeps telling me I need a black and white deck!! Or black white and red, beautiful palette. :heart:

LotusSong

Sinduction said:
I contacted the seller for more information.

This is not a traditional deck. All the cards have been renamed and do not correspond to RWS at all.

Seller says it's meant to be an intuitive deck. So, I'd call it an oracle. :D

Um... why? She says they're the 22 major arcana. That means it's a majors-only tarot deck. Is it suddenly an oracle because it's not pure RWS? Wouldn't that then make every deck that doesn't follow the RWS structure an oracle and not "real" tarot? There are many decks that have changed the names of the major arcana, and they are regarded as being tarot. Or is it because they're just the majors? I'm sorry, but some of the comments in this thread have really confused me. @.@

Anyway, I think the deck is very beautiful. If I had $35 on me right now I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love the artwork. Are they only selling one deck, or will they put up more listings if there is an interest?

gregory

I think it's FAB and I choose to see it as a valid tarot deck - just like that new renamed Kitchen Tarot is (Fool as Colander.... !) - it does look to me to hold up as well as that one does !