Deck of the Month: FEBRUARY

La Force

Okay, I'm back This month I will be using The Tarot of the Hidden Realm, my focus is just to relax, leisurly, explore and bond with the deck.

So I would be interested in tarot spreads that brings me to a closer bond with the deck, so If anyone knows of some awesome. (I have already done new deck interview)

I want to just stick with intuitive reading, no books.

I am interested in doing some fun exercises so if anyone know of a fun exercise please post.

My deck is child like so, its to be approached in a fun and wonderment way. lol

Eyebright

My first visit back to the forums since the 15th of July oopsy! Life kinda got in the way, but tarot has called me back.

I really like the idea of taking a month to work with a deck, seems a nice length of time to get to know it, without feeling too restictive at the same time. I would like to join your little group if I may, with my Deirdre of the Sorrows deck. I love the cardstock and artwork and would like to get to know it better.

Thank you :)

merissa_88

Welcome Eyebright, La Force, and Mi-Shell! Glad you are joining us.

Eyebright, I've always wondered if that deck has anything to do with the story of Deirdre.

La Force, I was thinking about posting a self-part spread inspired by Nancy Antenucci's book. Does that sound too serious for that deck?

Mi-Shell, so wonderful to hear about your trip and time with the shamans. It makes me think of Peru. :)

La Force

Welcome Eyebright, La Force, and Mi-Shell! Glad you are joining us.

La Force, I was thinking about posting a self-part spread inspired by Nancy Antenucci's book. Does that sound too serious for that deck?

I am glad to be back.

It would be okay if you set it like, a deck and me type spread, as if the deck and I are having a conversation, that would be interesting and fun :)

Mi-Shell

Ironwing Tarot and A'HA Oracle

OK: It is day 6 of February and I am still sitting on my thumbs :(
On the other hand - upon which I am sitting as well, the A"HA Oracle arrived today! :D
Last month I won that in the members competition thread here on AT. It is largely B/W and created by our own Linnie here from AT.
So I will investigate that and work with it for my daily draws.
However, for my other spiritual work I need something trusted and fundamental, so I will use my hand painted Ironwing Tarot for that.

Better get to work!!!

Winterchild

I don't actually have one deck but a project for this month and maybe the next two!
I am looking at all of the 1-10 Trumps and Minor cards in a series for my blog. For each number I will look at the cards from 4 different decks, always including the RWS.

Once complete I will post on my blog. So far I have only done all the sixes!

I hope it's ok to post in this group, I thought saying it here may ensure I stick to my word!!

Mi-Shell

Hi Winterchild!
Welcome to our little group!

kduphily

Celtic Dragon Deck

I have a strange observation, I am new to Tarot and I know there is a learning curve and all but wow this deck is a tough nut to crack. Im not sure if it is the coloring of the deck or what but all i see when i look at them is pretty pictures. Anyone else have this happen?

Kris

Mi-Shell

I have a strange observation, I am new to Tarot and I know there is a learning curve and all but wow this deck is a tough nut to crack. Im not sure if it is the coloring of the deck or what but all i see when i look at them is pretty pictures. Anyone else have this happen?

Kris
It might help you, to find d regular RWS deck -either real or on line and sit and compare your Celtic Dragon cards with their equivalents, to see, where the "pretty picture shows you the intended card meaning. your deck is a beautiful RWS clone but you may have to study the original images first and read their meanings, then you clearly see, how this meaning then was re-interpreted in a Celtic Dragon scenario.

Yes, that is the learning curve and we are all on it - always.....
But it is fun :)
Blessings to you!

Lil Red

VR tarot

I have no idea in how to start with this deck even trying to match a song with it is hard. This deck sure seems elegant and classy.
Any ideas in where to start?