DECK OF THE MONTH -MAY 2013 sign up thread

Kathy123

This thread is for those who would like to work exclusively with one of their decks for a period of one month. Each week within the month there will be questions, suggestions, ideas and/or activities to help us learn from each other and to learn more from our decks and the relationships we have with it. I hope we will all have fun and learn from ourselves and each other.

WELCOME!

1. Please post a comment to include the deck you will be focusing on this month (feel free to join in at any point in the month).

2. Weekly questions/activities will be posted within the forum, feel free to participate in the discussions but it is not mandatory. I will also type the weekly question/activity back on this post for easy reference.

3. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

4. Daily draws and our weekly spreads can be posted here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3536599#post3536599

Please note the Daily Draws forum is for readings that people do not need help with. If someone wants help with a Deck of the Month reading then they should post it in "Your Readings Forum" like any other reading. ** Please also comment on this thread and tell us when you have posted to another forum :)

5. Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns and advice inquiries in this thread :) It belongs to all of us!

6. Most importantly, have fun!

MAY PARTICIPANTS AND DECKS (and time zones)

1. Kathy123 - Legacy of the Divine (Sunday Evening 8:00 pm)
2. Annabloem - Tarot of the Gnomes (Monday Morning 2:00 am)
3. SwampLady - Bohemian Gothic (Sunday Evening 7:00 pm)
4. Aivli - Shadowscapes Tarot (Sunday Evening 5:00 pm)
5. Juliana - Druidcraft (Sunday Evening 5:00 pm)
6. Rhiamon - Anna K Tarot (Sunday Evening 8:00 pm)
7. Obsydian - Tarot of Pagan Cats (Sunday Evening 7:00)
8. Inkedat20 - Book of Shadows - As Above (Sunday Evening 8:00)
9. Septimus - Dark Angels Tarot (Sunday Evening at 7:00 pm)
10. BlueNote - Joie de Vivre Tarot (Sunday Evening 8:00 pm)
11. Conurelover - Legacy of the Divine (Sunday Evening 8:00 pm)
12. Mi-Shell - Mythical Goddess Tarot (Sunday Evening 8:00 pm)
13. Marcalic - Shadowscapes Tarot (Sunday Evening 6:00 pm)
14. Swedishfish612 - Bohemian Gothic (Sunday evenings 8:00 pm)
15. Scott Dodson - Tarot Illuminati (sunday evenings 8:00 pm)

MAY WEEKLY EXERCISES (participation in activities is not mandatory):

INTRODUCTIONS

WEEK ONE: JOURNALING: Meditate and just "be" with the card from your deck, when you are able, journal how you feel about the following questions:

Monday: THE EMPRESS: What do you desire most right now in life?
Tuesday: THE TOWER: What do you fear most?
Wednesday: THE HIGH PRIESTESS: Are you good at keeping secrets?
Thursday: TEMPERANCE: Do you go with the flow or do you struggle with change?
Friday: STRENGTH: What are your internal battles and how can you tame the beast?

WEEK TWO: GROUP SPREAD SUNDAY NIGHT: JOURNALING

Monday: please share your group spread from Sunday night in the Group Spread forums.
Tuesday: THE HERMIT: do you take time just to "be" so that you can hear your inner voice?
Wednesday: THE MAGICIAN: Am I tapping into my highest source of energy and obtaining my full potential?
Thursday: DEATH: Are you good at handling change, what are some things you can do to prepare for change?
Friday: THE MOON: Do you follow the phases/cycles of the moon?

WEEK THREE:

Monday: feel free to share your group spread from Sunday morning :)
Tuesday: THE FOOL: Journal your ideal dream life. What road are you on to obtain those dreams?
Wednesday: THE DEVIL: Do you entertain lower level thoughts and feelings? If so, take today to examine why, and how you can remove these thought patterns from your life.
Thursday: THE EMPEROR: Am I leading by example in my life?
Friday: THE CHARIOT: Are your goals in alignment with your visions or are they fighting against each other?

WEEK FOUR:

Monday: Long Weekend!!
Tuesday: THE LOVERS: Do I allow myself to be vulnerable with others?
Wednesday: JUDGEMENT: Is there transformation happening in my life?
Thursday: THE STAR: How can I nuture myself and those around me more?
Friday: THE HANGED MAN: Are you struggling with any decisions that you need to "take your time" with in life?

WEEK FIVE:

Monday: The World: Am I ready to accept my highest achievement?
Tuesday: The Sun: How do I begin remove blockages in my life?
Wednesday: The Wheel: Do you take the time to consider the consequences of your thoughts and actions?
Thursday: The Hierophant: Am I disciplined and committed to spiritual development?
Friday: Justice: Am I taking healthy responsibility for my actions?

SPREAD INDEX:
New Deck Interview - Page 7
Group Spread - is this th right deck for me?- page 11
Mi-Shell's "familiarize myself with a new deck" exercise - page 15
Daily advice layout - Page 17

Annabloem

As I posted in the previous thread, I'd love to join again for another month.
I'll be working with my Tarot of the Gnomes, because I feel like I've been neglecting it. it's my favourite deck, and the easiest to read with, which is why I have been focussing on connecting with my other decks. However I feel like using this deck for a month will strengthen my bond again :)

Kathy123

Yippee!

I'm so glad! Welcome back!

SwampLady

I'm in again. I thought I was going to stick with my BG, but i might change my mind and use another deck. I have a few days to decide right?

Aivli

Hello! I'd like to give the Deck of the Month a go. I hope I can keep up. I'll be working with my Shadowscapes tarot.

Juliana

I'm up for doing this again. I imagine this month will be a bit slower in my life, so hopefully I will be more active! I'll be using the Wild Unknown again if you'll have me. :)

Kathy123

I'm in again. I thought I was going to stick with my BG, but i might change my mind and use another deck. I have a few days to decide right?

By my count you have six days to decide! Great to have you join us again :)

Kathy123

Hello! I'd like to give the Deck of the Month a go. I hope I can keep up. I'll be working with my Shadowscapes tarot.

Welcome! That deck is so beautiful, can't wait to hear how it goes for you. No need to "keep up", feel free to join activities that you wish, but there is no pressure here, everyone works at their own pace :)

Kathy123

I'm up for doing this again. I imagine this month will be a bit slower in my life, so hopefully I will be more active! I'll be using the Wild Unknown again if you'll have me. :)

Juliana! Looking forward to you joining us again!

Rhiamon

Count me in with the Crystal Visions deck :)