Deck of the Month Study Group??

2dogs

I'd love to join in the monthly study group with my new deck by James Wanless. It has animal cards but also has lots of cards connected to other things in nature: rainbows, DNA, etc.

Hope this fits with the group. Thanks! :)

I suggested these earlier for a month of Nature / Earth themed decks e.g. Nature-Speak, Earth Magic, Sustain Yourself Cards. I notice you have the Druid Animal Oracle which two of us are going to be using for January. :)

Onyx

I am wondering as we are about a day away from starting the new year if we could start a reading forum in the Oracle Readings sub-form where we could post what we are doing with our own decks. This would be something like a daily draw or potentially monthly exchanges.

For instance I am looking at the supporting workbook I got for the Sacred Path and there are a lot of different spreads which I will be using. Also there are some really cool daily and weekly reading forms which look like they might be useful even after I am done with this specific deck.

Also, I got the Sacred path when I couldn't find a copy of the Medicine cards. Well low and behold I am at ye olde Barnes and Noble and they have two copies. Kinda pricey at $40 but still I am intrigued by the exercises that blend both decks and I think that from what I have read already. (I guess you can say I got started early ;-] ) So stay tuned. I think I have a gift card around here somewhere.

Onyx.

2dogs

Looking at images the Sacred Path seems to have some images in common with the Medicine Cards and I would think using both together could be interesting. I am particularly bad at reading with a single deck so you may just have encouraged me to use Druid Animal, Druid Plant and Sacred Circle Tarot - we'll see how it goes. ;)

Onyx

I love using the Druid plant and animal oracles together. I like the freedom of oracles as opposed to the structure of tarot (which I actually also really love)

DragonFae

Onyx: I started a thread in readings as you suggested...great idea!

2 Dogs: There's a month open for 2015...will add the Nature/Earth theme....with that being said if a deck fits both places you could certainly use it twice during the year... :) :)

DragonFae

I've been looking through my decks to see what I have that fits in each category for the year. That way I can "plan" if I need to buy a deck.

So far:

January: I'm using the Medicine Cards

February: I have the Mexican Loteria cards

March: I have the Oracle of Visions (excited about this as I haven't really delved into it)

April: I don't have the Oracle of Initiation and from the pics it doesn't look like my kind of deck (might give it a second look) BUT when I google guardian based decks I come up with mostly angel and goddess decks...neither of which really interest me either. Anyone have any SUGGESTIONS?

May: I've been looking at tree decks and might end up buying one. The one I'm most interested in is The Green Man Tree Oracle Thoughts?
June: I'm using playing cards.

July: I'm going to use Earth Magic as I just ordered it with a gift card I had!

August: I'm going to use Odin's Journey (I bought it off of ebay long ago). It's older but its myth based.

September: I'll probably use runes as I have several sets.

October: I'll use the 'Halloween Oracle

November: I'll use a deck of Sibilla Oracle cards I already have

December: Not sure yet what I'll revisit this month!

I'm interested if anyone has suggestions or if they know what they will be using.

Smiling

I don't have any of these decks, besides the Medicine cards :confused: so will have to follow along with you all, where possible. Would it be possible to post links to the cards that you all will be looking at?

At some point, I probably will be picking up more decks; just slow deciding what I want, but I'm looking forward to learning more about Oracle decks here. :)

DragonFae

I'm not sure if you are in the U.S. but if so I can probably mail you a mini copy of the Mexican Loteria cards because I can cut apart the bingo sheets themselves (I'm not using them) and create a deck. I could mail them most likely for the regular cost of postage. PM me if you are interested.

Smiling

I'm not sure if you are in the U.S. but if so I can probably mail you a mini copy of the Mexican Loteria cards because I can cut apart the bingo sheets themselves (I'm not using them) and create a deck. I could mail them most likely for the regular cost of postage. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer, DragonFae! I just looked them up, and see the sheet of cards all posted, so it's something that I actually can do on my end. :) Great idea!

2dogs

April: I don't have the Oracle of Initiation and from the pics it doesn't look like my kind of deck (might give it a second look) BUT when I google guardian based decks I come up with mostly angel and goddess decks...neither of which really interest me either. Anyone have any SUGGESTIONS?

I thought the cave paintings of The Shaman's Oracle might possibly be in the same general area but don't know if I'll be joining in every month, I might just do the nature and tree ones. You are the only person in the group committed to going wherever Coyote leads you. :joke: