Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 156 : July 26th - August 2nd

swedishfish612

It's kind of a "meh" week for me. The Golden is so beautiful, but I'm not loving the experience of working with it. I find that I don't pull much from the actual cards, and end up falling back on "Well, this card means this, so..." rather than using the imagery. Maybe it just isn't the right time for this deck and me. Or maybe it's just not meant to be one of my decks!

I am, however, in love with my Faeries' Oracle, which is friendly and chatty and determined to bring up all kinds of things I wasn't ready to face...but in a sweet way! lol

BodhiSeed

It's kind of a "meh" week for me. The Golden is so beautiful, but I'm not loving the experience of working with it. I find that I don't pull much from the actual cards, and end up falling back on "Well, this card means this, so..." rather than using the imagery. Maybe it just isn't the right time for this deck and me. Or maybe it's just not meant to be one of my decks!

I am, however, in love with my Faeries' Oracle, which is friendly and chatty and determined to bring up all kinds of things I wasn't ready to face...but in a sweet way! lol

I think this is one of the reasons I love combining tarot and oracle decks. I might find myself moving to rote meanings with one card, but combining it with the other can give it a whole new slant. :)

swedishfish612

In general, with EVERY deck, I wish I had an easier time letting go of the rote meanings and just going with the card. I tend to first think, "Oh, 8 of Cups. This card is about..." and then I move on from the rote meaning to looking at the imagery to see how it adds to that rote meaning. But I wish I could start with the image first. I have a hard time letting go like that. Even when I get a new deck with images that are not RWS clones, I find myself quickly wanting to look them up in the companion book or LWB to see if my first thought about the card is "correct." Ugh.