Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 204 : June 27 - July 3

Scarlet Woodland

UGH! Absolute day from satan's underpants. Turned to my faeries oracle who correctly diagnosed the root of all evil as my workplace's very own "bodacious bodach". Oh I do so love a stirrer... grrrr.

Faeries' are quite correct, of course, that the answer is to be firm but then forgiving and open. Easier said that done though, so tonight I choose to wish for fire ants. Shall try enlightenment tomorrow ;)

beautifulbooks

My 2nd Daily Draw with the Tarot of Delphi -- loving this deck

While I admit I have spent hours reading about the various historical and/or mythological people featured in these beautiful cards they are turning out to be very readable. I have not yet tackled a large spread yet but have worked my way through studying most of the majors and find them to be very well chosen and the characters really add depth and layers of meanings I have never seen previously with my other (20+?) decks.

To see Today's Daily draw please go to: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4357347#post4357347 and feel free to comment or add your own read on the card. I will allow myself to just remain content with what was a very pleasant experience for me ;)

Aloha...

RiverRunsDeep

UGH! Absolute day from satan's underpants.

Yes, my day has been like this as well. Unnecessary argument with a
good friend of mine; she likes to create issues where none exist. She is
the kind of person who will pout silently instead of saying something, then
will get angry because I didn't notice she was pouting. :rolleyes:

So my daily draw regarding this annoying situation is here.

VGimlet

Welcome new and returning members - we are very glad to have you!

Madrigal

I'm having an interesting week with my Winged Enchantment oracle and Animals Divine Tarot. So far I've drawn animal-only cards which makes for a different way of relating to the card. The images are mostly RWS-based with slight variations here and there though the essence remains the same. The artwork, by Lisa Hunt, is lovely in both decks.

I've got a number of decks which feature animals and it was a toss-up between the Animals Divine and the Animal Wisdom Tarot, a charming and surprisingly pithy deck. I chose the AD because it shares the same artist as the oracle and I figured this would lend a sense of continuity to the draws.

Will post some pics and draws at some point this week over in the other thread.

beautifulbooks

Tarot of Delphi 9 of Coins

Well this was more a hand-picked card because I bumped into it while organizing another deck. But again -- Whew! this deck is requiring me to study but boy howdy does it pay off!

Another daily draw with card image is at: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4357950#post4357950

Many thanks!

swedishfish612

Pagan Cats is so fun...it's RWS, but with cats! And they're acting like cats, not like people, just the message comes across so clearly. This deck feels like an old friend already. :)

beautifulbooks

Tarot of Delphi: The Fool

River and Scarlet -- wishing you better days now! I promise I understand.

So I just posted about The Fool over in the Daily Draw thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4359174#post4359174

I am continuing to fall in love with this deck. I would be lost without the little book and am so very grateful for my bigger book "Classical Mythology" by Oxford University Press. The two must be had together, in my opinion. Meditating on just one card and then reading the rich stories and history behind the character is immensely satisfying to me. But, I AM a history geek. But, this is such an effective way to study classical mythology AND tarot in small daily bites.

Blessed be...

RiverRunsDeep

Look at this lovely card!

Not a daily draw, but I wanted to share one of the many lovely
cards of the Victorian Romantic deck. It is the Ace of Cups but,
when I first drew it, I thought it was the Lovers. Such a lovely card!
It makes me wish MRP would create their own version of a mermaids/
undersea/seashore kind of deck.

Attachments

• IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 46

Madrigal

Pagan Cats is so fun...it's RWS, but with cats! And they're acting like cats, not like people, just the message comes across so clearly. This deck feels like an old friend already. :)

Love the Pagan Cats deck. And don't forget White Cats, Mystical Cats and Marseille Cats! Meow. I spent a couple of weeks a while back pairing up these decks, Pagan and Mystical, White Cats and Marseilles. The readings were great, the decks spoke clearly to each other. It was a lot of fun.

As for my current combo, Animals Divine w/Winged Enchantment, it's been a fruitful pairing. The AD follows the RWS just enough for me to find my way in and then the animals represented give me additional insights that might not have occurred to me otherwise. The Winged Enchantment oracle is just plain gorgeous! I had hoped to post pics and a draw and here we are at the end of the week almost! I went ahead and posted a modified version of today's draw over on the other thread.