Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 286 : January 21 - January 27

DaughterOfDanu

No apologies needed Green Faerie, and it took me awhile to get you on the thread. Once I got going with it I wasn't bothered by the cats and hats. Looking through the deck it's easy to see those kids of issues, but it read very well, and I connected more with it than I expected. Sometimes I don't do as well with decks I view as being on the softer side, but after a day or so it felt very comfortable.

So glad to here that you are okay, and sorry about your friends. :(

Sorry, I don't know how I missed you River - and you weren't even that deep in the thread! My apologies! :(

Lynd Ward (I keep wanting to write Lyn Ward) was okay. For me, just okay. I'm not sure what didn't work for me either. Wrong deck for the week maybe, as it's been really hectic, and I've been distracted and peeved about having to do something on my one day off this week that I don't want to do. So, maybe I'll try it again in a few weeks and see if I connect better. I don't usually give 2nd chances, I either like a deck or I don't. :lightbulb: This time I think my distraction leaked over to my readings.

I might be a bit late getting the thread up tomorrow, it will depend on when I get back from my Dread Journey. It's bringing my latent drama queen out - ACK! And the disaster in BodhiSeed's area makes my issues pretty small stuff.

No worries, take your time :) Definitely glad to hear BhodiSeed is okay!

My week with the Dreams of Gaia was nice. It's a good deck for self work and healing but I'm not so sure I'll use it in readings for others. It just seems like a more personal deck to me not to mention I like to have the guidebook nearby just in case a card really stumps me.

I didn't mesh with the Bonefire at all, perhaps because of how I've been feeling emotionally. I did a reading with it once and had no connection to it the way I typically do. It still is one of my favorites, just not what I need in a deck right now.

willowy

Glad to here Bhodiseed is ok,must of been scary
Enjoyed my week with cat tarot,its a light hearted deck but gets its message across.

VG,hope you're journey went alright,I just want to say thanks again for taking the trouble to do these sign up threads,we all appreciate it,and its great how it gets us working through our decks.
When you do a new one please sign me up for Tarot Apokalypsis this week.

Scarlet Woodland

Good to hear you're safe (((Bodhiseed))).

I've been really happy with my decks this week too. Have been uncharacteristically stressed out for a bit and the Animism in particular has been quick to give me a friendly nuzzle when I've needed it :)

UniversesCollide

I have to admit that I've been on cough meds and never even touched my Spellcaster's deck. Seriously, it's still wrapped in plastic. I did use the Witchie Lennies, got the clouds a lot, no surprise considering my foggy head and congested lungs. lol

I do really love the cardstock of the Witchie Lennies, they handle and shuffle like a dream and that's not the meds talking.

AJ

for me the only thing I could do was shuffle smoothly regardless of cardstock, so few cards :)
I've sold all but two of mine, and they are with me for sentimental sake.

On the other hand I've been using the LoS Minchiate Etruria with 97 cards and as always when its week comes around I'm so impressed by the easy shuffle in spite of the number of card and small size.