Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 66 : November 3rd - November 10th

Elendil

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread:HERE

4. Please feel free to join us in an informal exchange circle for members only:

Tarot Reading circle: Will create if requested.
Oracle Reading circle: Will create if requested.

List of Participants:
1. Elendil : Tarot of the Absurd
2. swedishfish612 : Anna K. Tarot
3. GryffinSong : Tarot of the Absurd
4. BodhiSeed : Buckland Romani Tarot and the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards
5. Phoenix : The Witches Tarot
6. AJ : Druid Animal Oracle
7. Kathy123 : Tarot of Vampyres
8. jema : Tarot of the Spirit World
9. Madame Squee : Light of the Goddess Tarot and Playing Cards
10. baylys : NZ Naturally Tarot
11. VGimlet : Mary-El Tarot
12. Cassandra022 : Mary-El Tarot
13. toj : Mary-El Tarot and Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards
14. Eyebright : Deirdre of the Sorrows
15. Hämy : The Fairytale Tarot (Lisa Hunt)
16. ladybird : Golden Tarot
17. merissa 88 : Wheel of Change Tarot and Co-creation Code Oracle
18. BelovedK : Pearls of Wisdom and the Gaia Oracle
19. Winterchild : The Witches Tarot
20. Nerys : Fairytale Tarot (MRP)
21. desertrat : Tarot de Sirio
22. GoldenWolf : Dark Angels Tarot
23. Trogon : Tarot of the 78 Doors

Elendil

I am in this week with Tarot of the Absurd. I already know that putting it away at the end of the week is going to be difficult!

swedishfish612

I'm going with the Anna K this week. I have a few hard days ahead and I need a comforting deck!

Elendil

As agreed with GryffinSong (who will be travelling today and away tomorrow) I am signing her in with the Tarot of the Absurd.

BodhiSeed

I'll be using the Buckland Romani Tarot and the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards.:)

Phoenix

The Witches Tarot by Dugan.

AJ

Druid Animal Oracle

My very first deck, not knowing there was a difference between oracle and tarot.
Over the years I've found that animal decks leave me blank and I've passed them all on except this one, My Preciousss..

Kathy123

I will be using The Tarot of Vampyres.

Just a quick question, I purchased this deck because I wanted to have a "darker" deck in my collection. I'm interested to see what kind of readings I'm going to pull this week. Do you do any different type of readings with a "darker deck" or do you do the normal readings, looking for the dark aspect of ourselves?

Elendil

I will be using The Tarot of Vampyres.

Just a quick question, I purchased this deck because I wanted to have a "darker" deck in my collection. I'm interested to see what kind of readings I'm going to pull this week. Do you do any different type of readings with a "darker deck" or do you do the normal readings, looking for the dark aspect of ourselves?

It's entirely up to you. If you fancy exploring the darker side of yourself you can use the shadow meanings that Ian Daniels provides. I guess it all depends on whether or not you use a spread with positional meanings, use elemental dignities or reversals.

Personally, I would read the darker nature of any card (whatever the deck) if it was reversed or ill-dignified elementally or if it appeared in a 'challenge' position in a spread. Having said that I do not actually use reversals when I read. Any cards that get switched around while shuffling are re-oriented when I lay them out. I DO use elemental dignities however (in a sort of rough and ready fashion).

BTW: Tarot of the Vampyres was the deck I kicked off Deck of the Week with in Week 1!

Kathy123

Thanks Elendil, I'm looking forward to working with the darker deck... I think not quite knowing how to read it/what to do with it, has kept me from working with it more. I might learn a lot about myself this week ;)

Cool... I may have to go back and look at your posts on it :)