Deck of the Worshipped (In Progress)

FionaBenjamin

Deck of the _______ (In Progress) UPDATED 5/18/2013

Hello everyone,

I am currently collaborating with an artist to create a Tarot deck that will feature some gods, goddesses, characters from legends, and just some things that I've either seen in dreams or my imagination, as well as the imagination from the artist.

I want people to be able to relate to this deck in a spiritual way and connect with the deck, or even use particular cards for meditation/spell work/etc. We have not come up with a definitive name for it yet, although if you do have any suggestions, let me know!

Figures to expect (just to name a few): Apollo, Odin, Lady of the Lake, Ma'at, Lilith, and Ouroboros.

Currently, we have two cards that are released to the public for feedback- Death and The Wheel of Life of the Major Arcana. Any and all feedback/questions/comments are welcome!

**We will have the Major Arcana finished before September. WE WILL NEED 6 PEOPLE TO TEST THE MAJOR ARCANA FOR US. This means that I will be selecting six people, most likely all from this forum, if I have enough interested, to receive a free copy of the Major Arcana. I would like you to read with the cards for about a week- tell me how your readings went, if you were able to meditate well/access your intuition, how did the cards shuffle, etc. I will make a post when I will need volunteers. I will need 2 beginner readers (started less than a year ago) 2 advanced readers (professional readers, or 10+ years of experience) and 2 confident readers (not exactly new, but not exactly pro level yet). I don't care where in the world you are, I will ship the cards to you and pay for the international shipping.

Attachments

• F_Death_P.jpg
    F_Death_P.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 131
  • F_Wheel_P.jpg
    F_Wheel_P.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 126

FireHermit

I had a feeling this would be my kinda thing lol!

This card is stunning, and I can identify her with my own spiritual path which is always a good start.

Dammit.. now my impatience button's been pushed :p

Good luck with the remainder of the project!

FionaBenjamin

Hehe thanks! We are hoping to have all the art completed within the year, since my artist pumps out one card in 4 hours (blows my mind...) after that, I hope to self publish it and get some funding from kick starter. :D I am stuck on who the empress and emperor would be... I thought of Frigg and Odin but thought maybe that was too cliche. I thought maybe Amaterasu but she doesn't really have a male counterpart to compliment her...

LotusSong

Maybe it's because I'm very tired right now that I'm confused but - is this deck going to consist of only different deities or will there also be characters you made up in it? Because there is no lady death beyond the river Styx (Styx = Greek mythology) unless you mean Persephone (and she isn't associated with ravens - that would actually be Apollo, or unless you mean the Irish goddess the Morrígan). ^_^;

FionaBenjamin

This is the only card that is made up because it is very dear to my heart. I worked in mediumship (represented by the lady of death and the entry to the gates of the underworld) and ravens are my totem animal. All other cards in the major arcana are most likely going to be different deities. The wheel of fortune will be the Ouroboros. I haven't decided on the minor arcana just yet.

LotusSong

Oh, thanks for the clarification! I was so puzzled there for a moment but yes - it is a beautiful card and I happily await your deck's completion. :3 I love your idea for the Wheel! Good luck to you, and your talented artist.

FionaBenjamin

Thank you very much!

My biggest biggest thing is that I want people to be able to use these cards and draw their own interpretations and find their own meanings in it, rather than have me say "This means this and that means that." If I can mirror the subconscious for others through these cards, then I would consider this deck successful :D

FionaBenjamin

Update-- We are halfway done with the Wheel of Life. What do you guys think?

starlightexp

Just from a one card look, it's a little goth-y for my taste, but the art is well done and I am very intrigued by the idea. Most decks out there are goddess only decks, while there are a few god decks they are few and far between. Being a priest of Apollo myself I'm def interested in that card. Once done you may think of selling prints of cards to people that work with a certain deity .. just a thought