decks to reflect: physical/practical, emotional, mental and spiritual energies

shadowdancer

I was looking through my decks I plan to work with and take with me when I emigrate, with the remainder being shipped along with my other belongings.

It then struck me that I think I have a deck to cover all the aspects which I can relate to through my healing work.

1) My physical/practical vibed deck is the Bright Idea. Great for problem solving, brainstorming, and everything else Mark claims it can be used for. A real favourite of mine.

2) My mental vibed deck is the Kaos. Cuts to the chase, leaves you feeling disturbed at times, and at other times makes you want to speak your mind in no uncertain terms. Again, a huge favourite. If you want the message blunt and to the point this will do it.

3) My emotional vibe deck is the Deirdre of the Sorrows. It has the gentler feel to it, but will also really get you looking at issues on a controlled emotional level. This is a definite favourite also. Whereas the Kaos has raw energy, this has a subtleness, but should not be underestimated.

4) My spiritual vibe deck is the Osho Zen. Self explanatory here....lol.

So, does anyone else have similar decks they would like to share which they feel covers each of the key attributes?

Davina

Parzival

Decks To Reflect...

I think you are correct about decks having keynote tones, such as physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual. Sometimes their tone might be more mixed and less pure. When I think of this, I combine emotional and mental into one, mental or soul : thus, body, mind/soul, spirit. In this way, three decks can be used side-by-side to do three-card readings, one card cut from each deck (or four, as you would see it). For body, I might use the Klimt Tarot ; for mind/soul the Crystal ; for Spirit, Golden Botticelli. But no deck is absolutely, purely body or mind or spirit. An important aspect of this kind of reading is to temporarily determine the deck for body, etc, not fixing and freezing the choice forever. The deck has a keynote tone, while we take to it our keynote tone, so it's not just the deck's basic tonal expression.

shadowdancer

Frank I totally agree with what you said, and believe you have explained it far more eloquently than I did.

I would not want to suggest these are 'fixed' in their keynote tone. And yes, all decks would have a mixture of all tones in them. However, the decks I mentioned have perhaps more of an inclination towards one of these tones in particular, in my opinion. As we are all of different vibrational energies (and those of you know know of, or have studied the 7 rays will know where I am coming from) I think it will be interesting to see if other decks resonate with certain keynote tones for different members.

Frank, I am now off to see if I can find some card images for the decks you have cited.

Kind regards

Davina

6 Haunted Days

Interesting thread Shadowdancer.....much food for thought.

I'd have too say right off 2 of the most emotional decks for me are the Victorian Romantic and Bohemian Gothic. These decks are very emotional for me, they speak to moods, feelings, hunches within me and anyone I read for. The emotions just shine through so clearly and crisply. I feel a passion, warmth and intense love from and for these both as well. They are a part of me and my soul in a very real way.

My spiritual decks are definately Wheel of Change and Pearls of Wisdom. Wheels of Change I don't "read" with so much as "live" the wisdom I recieve from the images and the excellent and inspirational book. I have gotten much joy, enlightenment and "a-ha!" moments with this treasure. It's a very personal deck. I don't see myself reading for others with it.

Pearls of Wisdom is hard to have a total keynote....it's spiritual and emotional for me. It just sings to me to my deepest spiritual self and takes me to another level. It definately is right on my vibrational level!

As mentioned, yes no deck is fixed, and each loved deck has varying degrees of each of these catagories and a deckcan certainly change vibrations and "feel" for me over time as I learn, grow and expand with Tarot and as a person.

HearthCricket

Lovely question! I look forward to hearing others on this.

1) My physical/practical vibed deck-The Gilded or Tarot of Dreams. I always told Ciro I felt these fit like a glove. Always honest, dependable, readable, and I love using them when reading for others. I can always count on these decks. My backup would have to be the Sacred Rose...the deck I really learned on and started professional readings with.

2) My mental vibed deck would be either the Morgan Greer or the Thoth. Again, higly dependable and accurate and straight to the point, letting me have it as it is, without any sugar-coating. To this I add the Lenormand Oracles and Madame Endora.

3) My emotional vibe deck would be the Victorian Romantic or the Russian St. Petersburg. They hold a special place in my heart and open up my soul, in a gentle but honest manner.

4) My spiritual vibe deck would be the Greenwood and the Spirit of the Wheel Oracle. They help me connect to my surroundings better than anything else in a spiritual way.

It is difficult to knock these down to a just a few or even a single deck, but those would be my present and fairly steady choices!

Astraea Aurora

Interesting thoughts! I find it hard to find the appropriate decks, usually I go by the season and which decks feel right for what I see outside in nature and wheather. But since this is your thread I'll try my best ...

A. Physical / practical decks: Bohemian Gothic! I still find him hard to grasp, even after almost two months of exclusive use. But I already know that he is upfront with his answers. A lot of cards came either mirroring my initial situation or being extremely literal. It's shocking since I have no other decks that are doing it in this intensity.

B. Mental decks: That's definately the category where I own zero suitable decks. I like the concept of the Bright Idea Deck, but I'm also on the hunt for the Golden Botticelli and the gold-edged Visconti - all three of them could possibly fit in.
Wait (no, not Waite!), maybe Secret Tarot fits in. When I think 'mentally' I then end at 'being on a distance' and that equals the Secret. But right now it isn't speaking very clearly to me.

C. Emotional decks: I don't know if I own a deck giving me emotional vibes at all! Maybe Victorian Romantic but I didn't take that much time with it to really know.

D. Spiritual decks: That's quite easy, Robin Wood and DruidCraft. They fit the most with my religious beliefs and they simply know what I'm talking about. No hazards trying to deliver the message of yearly cycles or Esbats to them - they simply know.

I'm curious to see what decks other ATers come up with.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

jmd

Apart from photo-reproductions (such as the Dodal and Conver), here are my suggestions:

A. Key "physical / practical" decks:
Grimaud; Schaffhouse ['Classic']; Fournier;​
B. Key "intellectual / mental" decks:
Camoin-Jodorowsky; Rodes-Sanchez;​
C. Key "emotional / feeling" decks:
Hadar; 'Universal' TdM;​
D. Key "spiritual" deck:
Noblet (Flornoy).​

Debra

Would you say, jmd, that you tend to use Marseilles and Marseilles variants as your main decks? Hmmm?

:D

raventepes

I have a similar concept though I've chosen to just refer to them Just as "Elemental" decks. Mine are as follows:

Fire - Haindl
Water - Archeon
Air - Fantastical
Earth - Sacred Circle
Spirit - Deva
Light - Cosmic Tribe
Shadow - Vargo Gothic

Parzival

Decks To Reflect...

Raventepes, I like your seven aspects of the human being, excellent for multi-deck readings for 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6, or 7 cards, a promising path for Tarot. I agree with you that the Sacred Circle has an Earth keynote, with other aspects mixed in. I think these identifications of decks and keynote tones or elements is objective and subjective -- Tarot is like visualization-poetry or -music, and has its actual content as well as our reponse/reaction/attunement to it. Tarot is a lemniscate of us on one side and its images on the other, dynamically interlaced.