Determining baby's sex

nisaba

Pendulums are good.

If I had to use Tarot, and a Page came out, with Cups and Pentacles I'd suggest a 75% chane of a girl, and if not, a subdued boy; with a Sword or Wand Page I'd suggest a 75% chence of a boy, and if not, a tomboyish girl.

canid

Little Mason's plug came out today! So it could be any day now...although he's not due for another 10 days, I believe.

Astraea Aurora

All your pendulum talk reminds me of a game a couple of friends used to play a few years ago. They asked for a golden ring (no silver, it won't work) and the longest hair from all the women present and made a pendulum with it. Then they would dowse it over the woman's left wrist and ask how many children the couple will have and what sex they'd be. A circle for girls and a straight line for boys. So far it became true.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Aulruna

Astraea Aurora said:
All your pendulum talk reminds me of a game a couple of friends used to play a few years ago. They asked for a golden ring (no silver, it won't work) and the longest hair from all the women present and made a pendulum with it. Then they would dowse it over the woman's left wrist and ask how many children the couple will have and what sex they'd be. A circle for girls and a straight line for boys. So far it became true.

Yes, I also know this method and it seems to be very accurate (I'm a living circle proof, myself!).

Like someone said before, I got the Ace of Wands for boys twice, and once the Queen of Cups for a girl.

Sigh. You make me want to have a baby very, very badly now.

Afterthought: Ginger was right about having a girl, too :D

Libra8ca

I was reading the book "You are Psychic" (Debra Katz) a few years ago and as an experiment to see if her method works I tried it out on several acquaintances that were pregnant and where I did not know if it would be a boy or a girl and much to my surprise I was correct every time :bugeyed: (and I am not what you would call clairvoyant or psychic though occasionally I get "flashes / insights" that are correct).
It basically works by imagining a clear rose on your inner mental screen (you can also use something else such as a crystal ball or even nothing) and then asking the question and watching how the symbol changes (i.e. red for girl or blue for boy). You have to be grounded, neutral and focused for this to work. For this reason it may not work for yourself if you are too emotional about a subject.
I still use this technique occasionally if I have an issue that I want to know more about and it often seems to work. I have not used it regarding pregnancies for a while because I don't really care if people are having boys/ girls and it's easier to just get an ultrascan!

canid

Mason's here! Holly had an emergency c-section last nite - the cord was wrapped around his neck & the placenta was tearing loose. He's 6 lbs 1 oz, has tons of black hair (my BGF, the grandmonster, is Cherokee) & is 19" long. Welcome Mason!

I hadn't heard of the pink/blue visualization technique; maybe I'll try it next time with my ball. (Crystal ball)

Astraea Aurora

Congrats to the new mom and to lilttle Mason! May he live a happy life.

Now, where are the pink and blue baby smileys when you need them???? ;)

canid

Thanks AA! Thing is, I did a reading (grandmama asked me to) yesterday about the situation. (Holly started spotting.) The question was what does Lura (the grandmama) need to know about Holly & the baby? (Perhaps this should be in Your Readings but since it's all said & done, I'll post it here.)

This is my modified CC, I call it the Celtic Star: Oh, I used the Gilded.

9 of Pents (Grandmama obviously!) w/8 of Wands crossing (situation)
Knight of Wands (environment)
Queen of Cups (waning)
8 of Pents (waxing)
Page of Swords (outcome)
Shadow-10 of Wands (I always use the bottom card as the 'thread' that ties it all together & in this case it appeared 3 times regarding subject with recent prior readings-poor Holly was indeed ready to burst with the burden)

I told Lura things were going to happen much sooner than expected (it was 10-15 days early!), among other things in the reading. But this baby wasn't gonna wait much longer. I actually told her 8-16 hrs or 8 more days. Well, it was 16 hrs! Lura's a believer, was already, but every time a predictive reading comes true, she's more convinced. I HATE predictive readings, but so far so good with this pregnancy. Lura needs to learn to read herself; I gave her a Gilded deck last year but I don't think she's done more than glance at a few of the cards. This birth is going to change everyone's lives, that goes without saying, but Lura in particular, even tho she's *just* the grandmonster. Perhaps her ungrateful husband & spoiled offspring will start placing more value on her services.