Devil vs. Emperor

Nalini

In any reading if the central factor is Devil which is crossed by Emperor then what would it imply? My understanding is negativity cancelled by wisdom.

What would be other opinions?

Amanda

Looks like you've got control without respect or dignity. What both of the cards have in common are 'control' and 'power'. But what the Emperor has that the Devil doesn't, is ethical standards. It would suggest to me that someone in the situation is a slave to power.

starrystarrynight

Another possibility is that the seeker is obsessing about something (Devil), but needs to set limits upon himself and try, instead, to look at what these obsessions/addictions are doing to destroy his growth into the more mature way of dealing with the issue at hand. His growth is being, perhaps, somehow stunted with this combination (as in the psychoanalytical term of being Fixated.)

But this is just one possibility, of course.

Masa

Maybe the querant has gut desires that s/he feels unable to pursue because of intense external pressure--not of the moral sort, but of structure, time constraints, or rules.

Nalini

Thanks a ton Amanda_04, starrystarrynight & Masa.

I really love this forum, the scope of opportunity to learn here is huge and the help from other fellow members is amazing. So glad to be here! :)

PAMUYA

This just popped into my head...."Drug Lord"

Nalini

'Drug Lord'! Wow! You mean as in drug addict or as 'The Godfather'?

LaRazia

Negativity seemengly controled by the Emperor? you know,on the surface he looks cool,calm,composed like he's got his s.hit together but underneath that Ice exterior- the devil,his vices, he in fact isnt the Level-headed Emperor he seems.

Nalini

LaRazia,

Thanks for stopping by and offering your interpretation. What you've mentioned sounds like someone I know and a character involved in this spread!

Kangiska

I am more the "Devil"-Being ;-)

Denying the obvious by rationalizing it

Greetings

Kangiska