Diary of Broken Soul

shadowdancer

tis a pleasure :)

sacredashes

Is this deck sold out again?

I think there was some mention about this being an OOP deck.. or sold out..

The Diary (Majors Only LE) was published by Adam McLean back in 2009. It was a one off print of 100 copies, of which 80 was offered for sale. I do believe this version is now sold out so the term OOP and Sold Out applies.

The Diary (Full Deck LE) was self-published a year later and although I have no intention to re-print, it is not sold out. I have set aside 200 copies for my 3 nephews and 1 niece for when they reach 21. Each will have 50 copies and they will then help clear my storage space })

I have stopped selling The Diary for various reasons. First is that it is the first 3D deck ever created, which means a lot of people aren't too comfortable exploring that house building feature. But that also meant they were afraid to use the cards for fear of tearing them... which won't really happen because I have 3 boys building houses with them all the time and believe you me... these guys aren't gentle and they don't know the meaning of OOP.

They just build it up to topple it down in their usual battle frenzy :rolleyes:

Also, because it is a shadow deck... I guess the discussion with my mentor from years ago still stands. It would never be a popular deck because it touches on aspects most folks find uncomfortable.

Then, as if I was looking for more ways to de-enable The Diary, it is in black and white.... has scary looking entities instead of pretty princesses on party ponies...

It was just a lot less painful to stop selling it period. So... The Diary was never sold out. Its just buried deep inside my store room for the boys to take it off my hands when they grow up ;)

Recently had someone asking to use it in a movie.. No clue what its about or how it will be featured. That would be nice... Lets hope that happens for the Jahanamians. They already made it to an album cover. A movie.. even an indie or a small budget one would help break them out of a stereotypical mold they have been cast in.

:heart:

hunter

If a deck is no longer for sale, even though a few copies have been hidden away, it is still OOP, right?

The deck is unavailable for purchase? There is no website or brick and mortar store where I can ask it's price, and order it?

OctoberGwen

If a deck is no longer for sale, even though a few copies have been hidden away, it is still OOP, right?

The deck is unavailable for purchase? There is no website or brick and mortar store where I can ask it's price, and order it?

I don't know the answer to your question, but there is one available over on Trades. It's the thread called "Selling My Collection."

hunter

I don't know the answer to your question, but there is one available over on Trades. It's the thread called "Selling My Collection."

Thanks for the tip :) It's certainly out of my price range.

Lifeisabutterfly

Dear Ash
I am one of the lucky people who bought your deck before it came out to the general public. I will never part with it ! I love it! It is most special deck ever.
I have one question though there is one card I don't understand the 3 of cups....could you or someone explain it? it just seem the total opposite of what we are used to seeing...

shadowdancer

Dear Ash
I am one of the lucky people who bought your deck before it came out to the general public. I will never part with it ! I love it! It is most special deck ever.
I have one question though there is one card I don't understand the 3 of cups....could you or someone explain it? it just seem the total opposite of what we are used to seeing...

I know Ash will come in with her take on this, but wanted to share mine if that is okay?
The 3 of cups in traditional RWS decks is about friendship and celebrating being with friends. In this case it shows what I believe is TRUE friendship. Just being with someone when they need you. No words or gestures needed but both know they have each other. I see the seated person as being perhaps someone who needs to reach out but can't yet the person standing is there for them anyway. Opposite to that I see the person in the background perhaps reflecting most of us in society when met with perhaps homless on streets, or people we 'assume' are beggars, drug users etc. We pretend we haven't seen them and walk by as if they don't exisit. A sort of opposite to friendship.

I see the person standing against the wall as different to someone offering help or support we associate with the 6 of coins. He is offering nothing other than himself and his time. Don't friends do that for us?

Just my take :)

Davina

Lifeisabutterfly

ShadowDancer: Thanks for the brilliant explanation! I was really having trouble with this one--now it finally makes perfect sense to me, after all this time! This was one of my first tarot decks so I feel like it's almost a part of me, when I see it it just feels so familiar--so I really felt a bit annoyed at myself for not getting this one lol!
Now about that 10 of Swords.....

Lifeisabutterfly

Dear Ash==I wish you would sell Hunter a copy of your deck.....

shadowdancer

re the 10 of swords: (or spades in this deck)

We often see 10 swords pinning someone down. Ash has taken it further and shown how our thoughts when we are really struggling or stressed take a life of their own and we feel we have no way of coping or escape.

here is what I typed for that card when I wrote the lwb:

" The power of thought can be more powerful than we give it credit. I guess it is only when we are under pressure and stress we really understand how powerful, and then forget that when things are going okay but we want them to be even better. Negative or stressful thoughts can really be sharp and intense, which should in a way remind us to also acknowledge that power in a more appropriate way when things are going well. Yet we often take that state for granted in a way. The power doesn't diminish at all, so it is a shame we do not give credence to it. All those tumbled images were in that persons head at one time, and it is clear to see it was all too much. Yet, they have somehow found a way to get them out of their head, and by doing so hopefully are taking steps to ease that pressure or intensity. They also feel backed into that corner and cannot even consider looking at the walls. Overload for sure.

Strangely I find the words/text to be more frightening to acknowledge than the images. I guess it's because when you read them, they are not just images but become actual voices in your head. Voices can be far more dangerous to deal with or acknowledge. Yet, there is that shaft of light in front of them. If only they could look forwards and nowhere else.... That path might just be there for the taking… "

hope it helps :)

Davina