Discrepancies in popular readings

haleyw

Discrepancies in Popular Readings

There are quite a few different threads about the U.S. Presidential election, the differing outcomes of which made me think; when a topic comes along that is read upon a lot (like this one), obviously not all readings are going to have the same outcomes, there will be discrepancies...

For example:

Reader 1 - Candidate X - 6 of Wands (winner) Candidate Y - 10 of Swords (loser)

Reader 2 - Candidate X - 10 of Swords (loser) Candidate Y - 6 of Wands (winner)

I am sure that this will be the case amongst many readers. So what determines which reading gets the correct outcome and which doesn't? Who/what decides? And, how can we not then say, that Tarot is simply just chance?

Padma

Interesting question! I have wondered the same thing, myself.

Perhaps the tarot cannot make a cut and dried prediction about it, because it involves the personal choices of millions of individuals, and not just the actions of one or two people. That is a pretty huge scope of daily shifting opinion and actions for a set of cards to cope with!

Because their fates (the two candidates) depend so heavily on the choices of all of those people, likely it is harder to get a straight and set answer. I think even if one of them went to a reader to have their cards done, it would still hold inconclusive results.

I have noticed that in most of the readings I have seen, the cards that come up are the more ambiguous/transitional ones, and have less to do with outcome, and more to do with current events. Or merely a reflection of the situation.

There are plenty of people here at AT who would argue that the Tarot is not a predictive tool!

hermit-IX

my opinion is that the tarot readers had a different mainframe when asking the question.

like for example if they are asking who will be successful. well it depends on how they view success. they might word it the same, but their intentions are different.

i'm not sure, that's the best i could come up with

haleyw

Interesting question! I have wondered the same thing, myself.

Perhaps the tarot cannot make a cut and dried prediction about it, because it involves the personal choices of millions of individuals, and not just the actions of one or two people. That is a pretty huge scope of daily shifting opinion and actions for a set of cards to cope with!

Because their fates (the two candidates) depend so heavily on the choices of all of those people, likely it is harder to get a straight and set answer. I think even if one of them went to a reader to have their cards done, it would still hold inconclusive results.

I have noticed that in most of the readings I have seen, the cards that come up are the more ambiguous/transitional ones, and have less to do with outcome, and more to do with current events. Or merely a reflection of the situation.

There are plenty of people here at AT who would argue that the Tarot is not a predictive tool!

Good points Padma!

haleyw

my opinion is that the tarot readers had a different mainframe when asking the question.

like for example if they are asking who will be successful. well it depends on how they view success. they might word it the same, but their intentions are different.

i'm not sure, that's the best i could come up with

They are asking the outcome and/or who will win.

Achlys

This.
There are so many people who are undecided about how to vote or who make last minute choices that the outcome of an election (or any event dependent on the free will of so many people) is quite impossible. Tarot takes into account free will to a degree, but when the free will is constantly fluctuating, it's difficult to pinpoint a definite answer.
Tarot can be used as a predictive tool, but not in instances like this unless it's already in motion and set in stone.
I've seen readings change depending on who's ahead in the polls at that particular time or they predict a candidate pulling ahead in the polls suddenly, but nothing quite concise on who will take the election as a whole.
If Texas, one of the most Republican states in the country, has a possibility of swinging Democratic this election, I think that says it all in terms of it's anyone's game :laugh:

haleyw

This.
There are so many people who are undecided about how to vote or who make last minute choices that the outcome of an election (or any event dependent on the free will of so many people) is quite impossible. Tarot takes into account free will to a degree, but when the free will is constantly fluctuating, it's difficult to pinpoint a definite answer.
Tarot can be used as a predictive tool, but not in instances like this unless it's already in motion and set in stone.
I've seen readings change depending on who's ahead in the polls at that particular time or they predict a candidate pulling ahead in the polls suddenly, but nothing quite concise on who will take the election as a whole.
If Texas, one of the most Republican states in the country, has a possibility of swinging Democratic this election, I think that says it all in terms of it's anyone's game :laugh:

Yes, this is a very valid point.

Luna's Crone

There are quite a few different threads about the U.S. Presidential election, the differing outcomes of which made me think; when a topic comes along that is read upon a lot (like this one), obviously not all readings are going to have the same outcomes, there will be discrepancies...

For example:

Reader 1 - Candidate X - 6 of Wands (winner) Candidate Y - 10 of Swords (loser)

Reader 2 - Candidate X - 10 of Swords (loser) Candidate Y - 6 of Wands (winner)

I am sure that this will be the case amongst many readers. So what determines which reading gets the correct outcome and which doesn't? Who/what decides? And, how can we not then say, that Tarot is simply just chance?

the voting on tuesday decides???

Izzydunne

Padma said: "perhaps the Tarot cannot make a definite prediction on the election."

If that is the case, then what good is Tarot for making any predictions? Predicting election contests is no more difficult than prediction anything. You only have to ask the cards, and if you know how to receive truth, then the correct answer will come.

As an aside, I correctly predicted 14 out 15 contests this election season. They are on my twitter page. And yes..........I predicted Trump would be President way back in 7/2015. That prediction is on my Twitter page as well.

Barleywine

When I predicted it with Lenormand, I didn't ask "Who will win?" Instead, I asked "Which candidate will have the clearest path to the White House?" The results were crystal-clear: all of the cards showing obstacles were in Clinton's line or associated by proximity, and the advantageous ones were connected to Trump. It was quite straightforward. I've done a couple of smaller spreads since then asking about the Electoral College vote and the recount effort, and got pretty much the same result.