Disenchanted

Muser257

Lately I've been feeling more and more disconnected from my decks. Not with readings for myself but readings for others. I used to be able to give a fairly accurate reading but i've been losing faith in my abilities. feeling that its just random and not meant by sinchronicity or fate and that its just rubbish. I do love Tarot and believe in it but sometimes i just feel so listless. Has anyway else ever felt like this?

Sandy

Sulis

I go in phases with tarot (as with everything else:))... I think that's just life, you can't be 100% into something all of the time.
Think of the moon, the seasons; everything waxes and wanes quite naturally.
The wheel turns.

Maybe you just need to take a little break from your cards for a bit, or just take a break from reading for other people if that's where you feel your 'problem' lies.

I'm sure you'll know when the time is right to start reading for other people again.

Just go with it.

Simone

Hi sandy,

not to worry!

As Sulis already pointed out, there are phases. I think life goes in circles, and there are times for everything.

If you don't feel like using your cards, give yourself a break from them. Maybe you have reached a point where you need integrating what you have learned more than learning new things.

If you don't feel joy when using them, but rather a burden, then the time is ripe for stepping back.

All things should be done in joy, and if there is no joy, it's not the right path right now...

This being said, i am going to move your thread to the talking tarot forum which is for the general discussion of tarot subjects like this one :)

Grizabella

I go in cycles like that, too. I think probably a lot of us do. It will pass. Just take it in stride and soon you'll be back in the groove. :)

SunChariot

Muser257 said:
Lately I've been feeling more and more disconnected from my decks. Not with readings for myself but readings for others. I used to be able to give a fairly accurate reading but i've been losing faith in my abilities. feeling that its just random and not meant by sinchronicity or fate and that its just rubbish. I do love Tarot and believe in it but sometimes i just feel so listless. Has anyway else ever felt like this?

Sandy
I had a spell like that once, in the beginning. It was a few months after I started to learn Tarot. I started to wonder if it was really working or just coincidence. I remember I pulled out the cards and did a reading to ask how I could get past that feeling and what I needed to have faith again, how I could get back there....Don't remember what the asnwer was, as that was over two years ago. But I do remember it was what I most needed to hear and it convinced me again.

That and all the readings I have done since that have been so accurate. WHen you start to have hundreds of accurate readings under your belt, there is only so much you can blame on coincidence. After it's worked SO many times in a row, then you have to know it's something more

Babs

FaeryGodmother

Muser257 said:
... Has anyway else ever felt like this?...

Yes, definetly been through periods like that. You sit down across from someone. Lay out all the cards. Start talking to a person who's face goes blank, their head starts shaking, they start saying things like "um, I don't really know what thats about... er no.... well actually...." What can you do? As has been said, it all waxes and wanes. I guess its balanced out when people say things like "wow thats so true! Absolutely!"

For what its worth I have found that there are just some people we don't connect with and others we do. Don't lose faith in yourself though. If its still working well when you are reading for yourself your obviously still doing something right.

love
Faery

TheOld

Muser257 said:
feeling that its just random and not meant by sinchronicity or fate and that its just rubbish.

Hello :)
just remember that we tend to proves our belief, so you'll have random answers if you belief that it's pure random !!!!

the solution is to be full responsable and to CHOOSE your belief as they are tools for you.
choose to believe that you can access hidden knowledge with tarot (even if you don't know how it work) and you'll have great readings :)

Have fun
Omeada

a_shikhs

Hi Sandy,
as everyone has mentioned, it is just a phase. :) Infact nowadays I don't feel like reading for anyone but myself. I enjoy reading for myself and am very happy and satisfied. There was a time when I used to hate reading for myself. ;) So as Sulis said, the wheel does turn. :D Enjoy this phase also.. :)

Muser257

Thanks for the insight. Yeah those readings with people who give no feedback are the worst! Lol. You feel like your giving your all and they're not really listening, playing with there mobile or jewellery. Im trying to help you lady and all you can think about is texting!!. Lol

Zephyros

Don't force yourself to do anything. If you feel that you do not want or cannot read right now, then that's fine. Maybe someday you'll go back to it, and maybe you won't, but whatever you do, be whole with yourself and know that you are doing what you want to do and whjat you feel is best.