Dishonoured

nisaba

From Wikipedia (yes, I'm that bored!):

People who pre-ordered the video game Dishonored received a Tarot deck in the package; however, the pack's Major and Minor Arcana differ from a "true" Tarot deck: the Major Arcana having names changed and Death at the 21st place; the Minor Arcana cards have no suits correlating to Coins, Cups, or Wands.

Does anyone *have* one of these? What can you tell me about it?

nisaba

So ... not buyable, then, and general mutterings of discontent.

None of us have a copy?

journeyinghome

Maybe email the creators/company and see if they have a spare deck they'd sell to you? Got to be worth asking :)

BodhiSeed

I remember seeing some of these on Ebay when the game came out.

blue_fusion

(double post. Please delete)

Darkmage

I've got a copy! Umm, it's really nothing to write home about. The Majors don't really make any sense unless you're familiar with the game. The suits are just red and black pip markings. Basically, it's like one of the Tarock sets they sell in France and Quebec, just with different suits.

There also is no LWB. There *is,* in a sense, but it's the rules for a game they call 'Nancy.' In reality, these are the rules for Tarocchi.

If you want a deck of funky playing cards, it's worth it. It's also worth it if you collect decks or video games. If you're looking for a real reading deck, take a pass on this one. I suppose you could use it to read with, but I don't.

Dusk Till Dawn

I also have one, and I really do not care for it at all. I do not know the game, and can not make sense of it.

Alta

I have seen someone else's copy (can't recall their ATF nick, Rosalind maybe) and wasn't impressed. Very tied to the game, I think if you didn't play the game it would be a tough one to use. And has been mentioned, plain unmemorable pips. For a while they were all over eBay as game players got rid of their unwanted decks.