display case

nisaba

I'm broke, so I can't afford to have anything specially made. And I'm probably not in this house long-term, so it's pointless having anything specially made even if I could. But do you know what I think would be ideal accommodation for my Tarot collection? Not the growing collection of wicca baskets I'm currently keeping them in. I just had a really tangible vision of a whole wall done in floor-to-ceiling timbers, a whole wall of old-fashioned post-office-style timber pigeonholes!

Wouldn't that be great! :bugeyed:

We've talked about the kinds of ways we already store our collections - I'm not reprising that thread. But what is the *dream* storage, the storage you'd adore to have, but know that you never really will? That's mine. <gestures upwards>

La Force

Well, I have my Dream storage for my decks, My great grandmothers Cherry Oak China cabinet, and her Old steamer trunk, and my grandfathers old hand made by him cedar trunk, with sliding draws inside. My most special get displayed in the china cabinet, the most used lay on top of the cedar chest, un used kept inside the cedar hope chest this is my coffee table. Ones I dont like etc. In the steamer trunk they go till I find homes for them. The steamer trunk is made of leather straps, brass, and Oak.

These are my large wooden boxes. lol. We know how wood takes care of our decks.
La Force

Darkmage

Honestly? I'd just like a couple of those display cases they use for decks in bookshops. Borders had nice ones before they went under. I'd just want the glass UV proofed so the boxes wouldn't fade from exposure to light. That way I could see all my decks at once and they'd be protected from the elements, more or less.

gregory

I don't want display cases (risk of fading.)

I WOULD like a larger room (only because this couldn't be DONE in my tarotorium,) so that I could have some like these but not as deep, I think. So that decks could be in single layers and easily seen.

I think they are used by architects and mapmakers, for flat storage. But HELL they are expensive :(

Zephyros

Or something like this, only every stamp would also be a small drawer for a Tarot deck!

ana luisa

I don't want display cases (risk of fading.)

I WOULD like a larger room (only because this couldn't be DONE in my tarotorium,) so that I could have some like these but not as deep, I think. So that decks could be in single layers and easily seen.

I think they are used by architects and mapmakers, for flat storage. But HELL they are expensive :(

W.O.W. !!!!!! I'm going to start saving right now !!!! :)

AJ

Not the growing collection of wicca baskets I'm currently keeping them in. I just

I didn't know there was such a thing, how do they differ from other baskets? The intent in the making?

PathWalker

Or a spelling error LOL

gregory - they are called "plan chests" and you sometimes get them second-hand. But you need a strong floor....

VGimlet

Keep an eye out at library surplus sales. We use those for topographical map storage. But a lot of libraries are getting rid of them. :D

I like using my china cabinet. When we get my FIL's house (in 25 years or so, since he's going to live into his nineties we hope) we will use the glass display cabinets in his hobby room. (He collects antique cars and tin toys, which collection is going to his grandson). I will put UV film over the windows though, to discourage fading. I will probably get a new china cabinet for the dining room as well, to keep my more-used decks in.