Do any of you feel like you dont need tarot?

Dancing Bear

Is It just me or do any of you Tarot reders out there feel you do not need the Tarot to Read ..
Or You just know what the cards are going to say before you lay them out,
I read professional and have done for some time.. I do Tarot Parties too.. so the readings i do a week is a silly amount..
But i feel like i am repeating myself over and over.. the lessons and council of the Tarot.. even though in reality the person in front of me havent heard it before.. I feel like i am repeating myself over and over.. and I feel i dont need the Cards anymore..to me its all just common sense.

It would probably freak the client out without that medium between us, and have no intentions of dicing the Tarot LOL!!
but
Does anyone get this?? if so how do approach this.. how have you overcome it... can it be overcome or do we have to just adjust to the feeling?

any help would be appreciated.

NightQueen

I know what you mean, a person comes for a reading and you see instantly what comes with them, what the issues and problems are , so why do we need tarot. I think first of all you should feel very proud for how gifted you are and that you have this ability, so you can go with even more confidence about your querents reading and perhaps add alot more detail from what you see about them and link them up with your cards, this ability makes you a gifted reader. Tarot I guess is a tool, an aid to our readings and also provides a "visual" for the querent so perhaps its more entertaining rather than without them. If you feel you dont need them anymore then you dont have to use them as much in readings or perhaps even not at all, its nothing to feel bad about nothing is "forever" maybe you need to draw your attention to something else, another skill to perfect to tarot can be put on hold for a while, its definately something to think about. But above all you are blessed:)at times I have a break with them for a change and read solely by clairvoyance, but I understand where youre coming from, all the best to you
NQ

Alta

Dancing Bear said:
..to me its all just common sense.
Hi Dancing Bear,

I was with you until I came to above phrase. And that's the catch, you may have gotten to a place where you think nothing can surprise you, that all problems are on the surface. If that isn't what you meant, if you meant that you have a deep understanding without cards, then I stand corrected.

What I like about oracles is their ability to surprise me, to make me see the other side of 'common sense' and into the reality of 'the other'. It was first I Ching that made me see that where 'common sense' sees all shadow, there is really some light and where 'common sense' sees light, there is dappling that needs to be examined. I find that the Tarot and other oracles bring out what seems mere nuance but may be driving the situation.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, and for all I know you see this immediately through deeper understanding, but your phraseology makes it sound as if you are a bit tired of it.

Alta

Baroli

dancingbear said:
to me its all just common sense.

If everyone had common sense, my friend, then we would all be out of a job. lol. It is those times when people/us fail to see the common sense, that we throw these blocks and fences up and why they come to us. It is our job to try and help them to recognize the fences and take them down, so that they can go forward.

Not need the cards? Yeah, that's now happening to me more and more lately,... I love it.

nightqueen said:
Tarot I guess is a tool, an aid to our readings and also provides a "visual" for the querent

Exactly!! Tarot is a tool that aids us into focusing into what the querents needs are. They are no different than reading stones, raindrops, clouds, toothpicks, sugar packets, old bones, etc.

Cactus

Sometimes I think I'll be enlightened when I decide on a spread to do for myself and I've got my issue and question all ready. But then I realize all the answers are flooding right to me before I pick the cards. I'll think, OK, I know the answers; I know what I have to do.

But there's something about doing a reading for myself - for the confirmation of what I already feel and sometimes for the new insights and answers I get after I declared that I have all the answers!

Kahlie

I never tire from the Readings I do and the smile and connection I get from each client makes it worth it to me. I do not feel I'm repeating myself as my clients are diverse in both background and Readings.

However, I did get a bit, well... tired of Tarot. At first, it started with going more for Oracle Cards, giving me more leeway and more creative flow. I also started to work with psychometry, the reading of objects, and while I got worthwhile Readings, I did not like the energy exchange from touching personal objects.

So, I added Spirit Drawings to my list of services. This way I still have a Visual Aid for people, but I have a beautiful creative outlet and the client has something lovely to take home. Maybe you can see what you can do to create something beautiful and new for yourself.

:heart:

Kahlie

Vadella

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Depends on what is going on around me at the current point in my life. As many, I am especially intuitive and psychic to the point of hells horror around the full moons. :laugh:

balenciaga

Human beings aren't all that different from one another - we have needs and wants and fears, etc. But inviduals have a story all their own. And I think tarot has a way of deciphering it.:)

lark

I was going to start a thread about this very subject.
(not the common sense part...I agree with Baroli on that part ;) )

But I have been finding more and more that I lay a line of cards down and I can just see immediately what's up....and I start talking.
Then more info comes in, and more, and sometimes I pull a card to confirm what I'm saying, but I almost never at this point do a card by card reading.
I feel that I could just do psychic readings without cards, but what holds me back is what the clients seem to want...

As a matter of fact I went through a crisis period where I was trying to make what I was seeing fit the traditional card meanings and that was just so frustrating.......I cut that out and got my head on straight finally with the aid of a really good friend/reader who had gone through the same thing.
I now let the card mean what the "glorp" wants it to mean...and nothing else.

But I love my cards and there is a comfort in holding them in my hands and having them at the really to confirm or deny a flash...so I probably will never give them up...but I certainly have toyed with the idea lately.

Promise

I wouldn't say that I "need" it, exactly...just that I find that it simplifies what I already do. I believe that we are capable of reading anything at all if we close off our minds and let our intuitive selves take control, but the cards simply make it easier to focus and make sense of things.

Once you need something, it becomes an obligation and not a choice; I choose to use Tarot, not because I absolutely have to have it, but because I enjoy it and find that it helps me do what comes naturally.