Do have your own style of reading tarot?

crazelion

Umbrae said:
I'm sorry, can you define this sentence for me? Can you tell me what intuition means to you?

I consider my intution that comes from my higher self. I am side.

Can someone tell me the difference between psychic and intuitive and why does intuitive disallow books?

I can't really tell you the answer to that one. I know my pyschic side lets me read other people lives.

[quoteI think somewhere we’ve skewed the English language.[/quote]

I know I fail English so many times. i can't help with tht one either.

All I know. Is I just do what I do.

The one stilling finding myself.

Nina*

LittleBuddha said:
But what I meant about 'tarot' or such, is that if you still relate Cups to water and emotion, are you therefore projecting something on to the cards? You are still giving them a framework. This is why I suggested it would be difficult to look at them 'completely' afresh. Ingrained in our minds, we have associations for cups, birds, colours etc, whether we are aware of it or not.

Just some thoughts.

I think alot of it is to do with how we define, as Umbrae says. What is this style we have. I am seeing mine to be a mish-mash of many different things. And at times, I look at details like you do. At others, I will go with the traditional elements. It is hard to ignore a title like 'The Hermit' or 'Justice', I find. Or maybe that is just me.
Hmm.... when you talk about projecting something on to the cards it makes me wonder.... Of course we'll do that somehow. Else I don't think we would need the cards at all - then we might as well 'read' pictures in a book (as I have seen some have suggested). At the same time I find it very difficult not to see, for instance, a dead man, if in fact there is a dead man in front of me.

I think this 'not using defined meanings' CAN get too far out.

Little Baron

Nina* said:
At the same time I find it very difficult not to see, for instance, a dead man, if in fact there is a dead man in front of me

Yes, this is what I mean, Nina. How do you look at the '10 of Swords' and not see conclusion. If you do not, then what is the point of that card? As you say, you may as well just look at unconnected book pictures, with a different picture every time.

This is not meant as a critisism, incidentally.

LB

Nina*

LittleBuddha said:
Yes, this is what I mean, Nina. How do you look at the '10 of Swords' and not see conclusion. If you do not, then what is the point of that card? As you say, you may as well just look at unconnected book pictures, with a different picture every time.
Yes, I understand, LB. But perhaps I should have been more clear. Actually I do, of course, ''see'' other things than a dead man in the 10 of Swords, because I've learned to see swords to be thoughts/mind. Besides that, you're right and one might then be better off with a TdM.

What I meant was: don't you think it would be close to impossible to not see cups as feelings/emotions etc. (you mentioned above, that then we're projecting something to the cards), when most of us has learned that through (many) years?

Little Baron

Yes, I do understand. I would find it hard to detach. In the same way as the change between elements in some decks is difficult for me.

LB

Rosanne

I agree with Nina on this..
What I meant was: don't you think it would be close to impossible to not see cups as feelings/emotions etc. (you mentioned above, that then we're projecting something to the cards), when most of us has learned that through (many) years?
Other than very literal explanations, it has been my experience that Cups denote feelings and emotions in the main. I am not projecting on to the card- the card is projecting its meaning to me.

Rosanne said:
What I would be talking about, comes from all sorts of information. Repeat patterns of times this card has come up,
~Rosanne

SunChariot

To me, intuition means contacting a knowledge that you don't know consciously, coming into contact with things you know only on an unconscious level or sometimes sensing things that others know but that you don't know consciously/connecting to the collective unconscious. In any case the result would be finding info that you did not previously know on a conscious level from inside yourself.

I think the only difference between pyschic and intuitive is degree. To me anyway, intuitive means you might just sense that something is involved in your answer and you would be right. Like that the person has had some difficult times with their mother as a child and that is contributing to their problem now. A phychic, might literally see them having the problem (have a visual of it) or hear the conversation in their heads: exact words, tones of voice...in some sense as though they were there.

Bar