Do people like silk for tarot? Or silk or cotton?

Logiatrix

marigold's said:
...Does anybody have a "dream bag"? For my new Lover's Path deck I'm thinking of velvet adventurine with sea-things...it just seems like it would "pop" with that almost Pompeian red used all over the deck : )

It'll be nice to hear back, maybe, if I haven't picked a boring subject, lol : )

Marigold's
Yay, tarot textiles! Goodness gracious, that's NEVER a boring subject! LOL! I invested literally YEARS in the acquisition of the perfect bag n' cloth ensemble for each of my favorite decks...and then some. The insanity had to stop, eventually. I've gifted/traded away a lot of what I accumulated, and STILL have too many extras!:eek:

Anyway...hmm, bags...;) One favorite of mine is a simple suede leather drawstring bag; I keep my Visconti Gold in it. Another favorite is a small leather purse with a snap-flap closure and a colorful mosiac design embroidered on the front; I snipped off what was left of the narrow strap and put my Albano-Waite in it. The bag I use for my Enchanted deck is a velvet, satin-lined drawstring bag with a patchwork of various dark colors. I keep my Aquarian in a teal blue Chinese brocade drawstring bag. My least expensive bag is a tye-dyed green cotton drawstring bag for my runes, and my most expensive bag is a large blue velvet zippered pouch with a beaded design on the front; it holds my angel cards.:angel:

They're each a "dream bag" of sorts, because they were each carefully envisioned, patiently hoped for, fervently sought after, or happily happened upon...and then lovingly placed with their intended decks.:heart:

marigold's

What about hand-washable, plain padded silk or quilted zipper bags in elemental colors?

wilson

I'm searching for the perfect bag to buy online for mt newly acquired Tarot of Prague. There's so many to look through I don't know here to start. Any ideas of a good match gratefully accepted.

diane drizzy

I wouldn't use silk -I'm a vegetarian.
My Faeries Oracle live in a sock and love it there, since they didn't come with a personal size box but within a "kit".
Most of my decks are in the original box. I can't get caught up in bags and accessories (as much as I'd like to or had the money to do so) or I'd miss the whole point of my cards.
It would be like playing with my Barbie dolls again if I went that route.

GreenMoonBeam

wilson said:
I'm searching for the perfect bag to buy online for mt newly acquired Tarot of Prague. There's so many to look through I don't know here to start. Any ideas of a good match gratefully accepted.

Have you looked at the Baba-Store? There are bags to match this deck. Or
if you go to the Advertisment threads, users here have details of their stores
on 'etsy'. Sulis has her add there as she makes beautiful bags.
WHEN you get one, do share: I am longing for my deck .:love: