Do predictions still come true if you don't believe in them

danieljuk

if you look at weather predicting (which is a science), a prediction is made with multiple systems long range and short range. The weather either comes true like the prediction made or doesn't but that happens whether you believe in it or not or it's good or bad.

I see the same thing in tarot and divination systems but there is so many factors in making the prediction. Some of my predictions for this year didn't come true and some did. I find events hard to predict though and find it easier to predict themes in my life that are upcoming if that makes sense.

But when we make a prediction we might misread the card (we all sometimes get it wrong), events might change. You might do a reading saying you will meet the love of your life at work but then lose your job suddenly and shockingly, things change fast in life.

I like the idea that making a prediction or reading predictions for you, are "one course of possible events" that could happen. You might go down that path of the prediction or life might take you in an entirely different way. My beliefs though are a cross between free will and destiny from the universe, not everyone agrees with that

but then believing in them or not, I can see psychologically that we probably are so happy to receive good predictions we then forget about them and then negative predictions worry us. I think I don't believe that we believe more in negative things, the course of events happen anyway whatever we believe!

I am going your way as well CloudRain899 and using predictions less, I also just recently starting believing that we shouldn't know everything! some bad things and good things should be a surprise :)

ana luisa

A bit off topic but reading for yourself is not for everybody. I learned to read Tarot because nobody wanted to give me readings (never knew why). As it turned out, I still cannot read for myself. Our hopes and feelings interfere with the position of the cards as well and/or their interpretation. And yes, sensitive matters are the worst...
I also noticed that we seem to be more attentive/focused to negative news than positive ones. If a spread shows 3 good cards and one "negative" we tend to gravitate to that one. Survival instinct I guess.

CloudRain899

A bit off topic but reading for yourself is not for everybody. I learned to read Tarot because nobody wanted to give me readings (never knew why). As it turned out, I still cannot read for myself. Our hopes and feelings interfere with the position of the cards as well and/or their interpretation. And yes, sensitive matters are the worst...
I also noticed that we seem to be more attentive/focused to negative news than positive ones. If a spread shows 3 good cards and one "negative" we tend to gravitate to that one. Survival instinct I guess.

Apparently (I asked my counsellor) we focus on the negative because we're always desperate to fix whats missing..this is also why we ruminate on our past mistakes, trying to make sure we don't repeat them!

It's a shame that no want to read for you, do you mean for free or professionally too? :s

CloudRain899

I m glad you opened this thread, I also wonder what is with the positive predictions, the last year that I am more into tarot, I noticed that the "positive" ones almost never come to take place, but if the prediction is to break up or loose smt it happens! Also this year I received readings who came right to the point where the relationship would move to the next level but it didn't! I really wonder why is like this. So I stopped asking about matters that are sensitive to me, like health readings or love readings.

I know how you feel. I'm trying to stop asking predictive questions about matters that touch a nerve just becos I don't trust the outcomes shown anymore. Its a shame because I love the supernatural element of Tarot but ultimately it's mostly been helpful when asking therapeutic questions

momentarylight

I know how you feel. I'm trying to stop asking predictive questions about matters that touch a nerve just becos I don't trust the outcomes shown anymore. Its a shame because I love the supernatural element of Tarot but ultimately it's mostly been helpful when asking therapeutic questions

Prediction is usually quite uncertain :).

The best we can really do is live our own lives mindfully and make the best of each day. We create our own futures that way.

Living each day we create rhythm and pattern in our lives which enable us to take more risks, extend our potential and take opportunities we might not have seen if we always looking for something else.

I wish you lots of happiness a day as a time :heart:

CloudRain899

Prediction is usually quite uncertain :).

The best we can really do is live our own lives mindfully and make the best of each day. We create our own futures that way.

Living each day we create rhythm and pattern in our lives which enable us to take more risks, extend our potential and take opportunities we might not have seen if we always looking for something else.

I wish you lots of happiness a day as a time :heart:

Thank you!! I wish you happiness too!!! :)

CloudRain899

asking the same questions over and over again

Another thing that came to me last night which I think SunChariot has mentioned before is that if you beleive in such a thing, you can irritate the Oracle by answering the same question over and over again and so you start getting false predictions as a result. I believe this is what happened in my situation as I was told in 3 readings that a man was no good for me, but I didn't want to listen so I went back even after that and in my 4th reading got a positive outcome and then I was hooked. What was unfortunate was when I went for my 4th reading he'd done something that really upset me and I actually went to the 4th reading hoping to hear negative horrible things about him- so I could get confirmation it was pointless and move on. Surprisingly the opposite came out, even though I went to the 4th reading hoping for a negative prediction. I felt like I gave the Oracle a chance to help me to let go but instead I got encouragement to hold on. I never understood why things turned out the way they did and it made me question whether the Oracle is really doing what's best for us. Saying that in 2 years from now I could be looking at this post and saying it was all for the best cos everything bad that happened now lead to someone or something better..I hope that turns out to be the case!! I asked the I Ching because I was having serious doubts over the existence of a Higher Power or that it exists for humans as a benevolant influence..I got 58 -> 5. I interpreted this as you have to be patient/great happiness can take time to achieve. It was really fitting to my situation and made me think there is a Higher Power. I dont know if you guys believe in that? I know a lot of people see Tarot as a psychological introspective tool I do think this is a good use as I've drawn ideas from Tarot I wouldn't have realised without seeing the pictures almst like therapy. Im starting to think if there is a Higher Power it only tells you what you need to know at the time..so at the time it may lie to you becos you need the lie to keep you going through something

ravenest

We 'lie' to ourselves ... any 'higher power' that lies to us (except things like the government and church ;) ) is coming through our own miss-interpretation and miss-understanding.

Its a bit like the concept that the Tarot can get angry at you - ridiculous IMO - again, that is another external projection ; placing the fault outside of the self ... fine if one wants to do that, but it isn't a way of resolving the issue.

There comes a time when we have to take personal responsibility for such things.