Do you always carry a deck with you?

inanna_tarot

So, fess up! Who here never leaves the house without a tarot deck (or even two!) in their bag? back up deck in their car or at the office?

And WHY do you do it?
Is it because you might have to do a reading for someone else? for yourself? to just look at the shiny? for comfort like a tarot teddy bear?

And has the reasons changed over time?

emmsma

Yes. I always have decks with me. Generally at least three. In case I want to read, or to shuffle. Sometimes I do this in the car on the way into work (hubby drives) or while on lunch.

What if I think of something and need a card for reference?

And multiple decks because I might want to compare the card I've drawn. :p

Why? Because I love my decks. They can make me smile and comfort and advise me and I love knowing they are at arms reach.

Who I bring with me sometimes changes often. Sometimes there are a few who stay with me for weeks or months. It varies widely and I have no "rules" about this.

tarotcognito

I always carry a deck in my purse. Why? Because I like just knowing it's there.

poopsie

Hey, folks -- you gave me a great idea for the New Year resolution --

Now that I am collecting and studying the Tarot decks I am slowly accumulating -- it would be good to bring one around everyday. This is something I haven't done because it simply didn't occur to me although there are moments especially when faced with tough situations that I wish I did for guidance.

From now on, I will bring a deck in my bag - to build a relationship with each of them, and use them particularly during waiting time ... especially when I need to wait, I might as well look at the card and see what intuitively I can gather.

Thanks So much!

tarotbear

There is a palm-sized Rider in the glove box (does anyone put gloves in it?) of my car. Someone once gave me a tiny Tarot in a plastic box on a keychain, but it's one of those things that sounds like a great idea but is totally impractical since the pastic box isn't that sturdy.

Have I used either of them? Yes. The palm-sized Rider fits in the pocket of my Mr. Wizard costume and I have brought (and used) it at a Renfaire or two.

Disa

I keep a tiny Hanson-Roberts deck in my purse- just cause I like to, and it fits even in my tiny purse :)

triple_entendre

No. I might not have any occasion to use it, and what if I lose my bag or it gets rained on or I get mugged?

GryffinSong

No, not me. If I'm going away from home for a few days I usually put one in my suitcase, but just around and about? No.

Laura Borealis

I don't. But I don't usually carry a bag/purse, just my ID and keys.

Gia

I carry a mini Goddess Tarot and selenite crystal with it in my purse...there are times I'm asked to do readings at non-traditional times (after my dance classes for intance) and times (less often) when I want to do a reading for myself....