Do you ever feel like Tarot/Lenormand has a sense of humour?

LunarLioness

I always say the Universe has a sense of humour, and sometimes a very warped one ;)

There's been several occasions where I've felt like the cards do too - especially if you're asking the same question over and over when you know you shouldn't, and not accepting answer you've received, if you know what I mean :)

I've had the Lenormand Book + Ring come up over and over when I was asking what my Husband was keeping a secret from me - back before we were married. It was in a joking manner because he'd told me he had a secret and wouldn't tell me what it was. I got annoyed with the cards and kept saying I KNOW there's a secret in the relationship! I want to know what it is! Turned out the book represented study, not secrets - he was doing lots of research into which engagement ring to buy me :D

I have just got my Tarot of the Magical Forest cards out which I haven't looked at for a very long time. I think they are so cute. Last time I was using them was before I met my Husband. I had gotten divorced and I kept asking over and over in as many ways as I could who I was going to meet, who my true love was going to be. The High Priestess kept coming up in every single reading - usually in the outcome position. I got annoyed again - I took it to mean "secret knowledge" and thought the cards were telling me I wasn't allowed to know yet. Tonight, I was looking through them and came across that card. Now, I'm not one for looking into every symbol I come across as a "sign" and I've just looked online and I see that the B + J on the pillars are something to do with a Hebrew meaning, HOWEVER, my name starts with J and my now Husbands starts with B! I have never ever noticed those letters on the card before! I just found it so amusing - all the time, the cards were putting our initials right infront of me. :D

Does anyone else have similar stories?

Attachments

• high priestess.jpg
    high priestess.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 86

Tarot Orat

My Dark Carnival deck definitely has a sense of humor. I'm failing to think of specific examples right now, but it often gives me an ironic card when I ask a question too many times, or if it's something I already know the answer to. Or it'll have the same card turn up when I ask the same question - "I already TOLD you that, stop asking!"

Gabe

I always say the Universe has a sense of humour, and sometimes a very warped one ;)

There's been several occasions where I've felt like the cards do too - especially if you're asking the same question over and over when you know you shouldn't, and not accepting answer you've received, if you know what I mean :)

I've had the Lenormand Book + Ring come up over and over when I was asking what my Husband was keeping a secret from me - back before we were married. It was in a joking manner because he'd told me he had a secret and wouldn't tell me what it was. I got annoyed with the cards and kept saying I KNOW there's a secret in the relationship! I want to know what it is! Turned out the book represented study, not secrets - he was doing lots of research into which engagement ring to buy me :D

I have just got my Tarot of the Magical Forest cards out which I haven't looked at for a very long time. I think they are so cute. Last time I was using them was before I met my Husband. I had gotten divorced and I kept asking over and over in as many ways as I could who I was going to meet, who my true love was going to be. The High Priestess kept coming up in every single reading - usually in the outcome position. I got annoyed again - I took it to mean "secret knowledge" and thought the cards were telling me I wasn't allowed to know yet. Tonight, I was looking through them and came across that card. Now, I'm not one for looking into every symbol I come across as a "sign" and I've just looked online and I see that the B + J on the pillars are something to do with a Hebrew meaning, HOWEVER, my name starts with J and my now Husbands starts with B! I have never ever noticed those letters on the card before! I just found it so amusing - all the time, the cards were putting our initials right infront of me. :D

Does anyone else have similar stories?

I had a similar experience in situations, like you said, where I was asking the same question over and over...and after a few times of asking the same question, I had Tarot answering with such clarity, such sharpness, that I really felt that there was someone there shouting at me "Are you thick or what ? How much clearer do I have to get ?" More than a sense of humour, I would call it very sharp irony...
I remember once, I had a relationship with a guy that had ended, and I kept asking Tarot if it was REALLY REALLY OVER for good...The cards had told me in every possible way already, and finally, when I tried one more time with a 3 card spread, I got the significator card for him, the one for me, (the 2 court cards that always came up for us) , Death and the World...I remember I burst out laughing out loud ....

Gabe

Oh, and I have more examples, if you're willing to hear them...

LunarLioness

Haha! Oh I'm glad it's not just me! I definitely relate to the "I told you that already!"

Oh yes please Gabe, I'd love to hear them!

Gabe

Haha! Oh I'm glad it's not just me! I definitely relate to the "I told you that already!"

Oh yes please Gabe, I'd love to hear them!

Well at the moment, there's this guy in my life who I've become aware that basically is very attracted to me, but his behaviour is weird so I've asked the cards in a billion different ways what he wants from me, and every single time I get the Devil...and the funny thing is, that I've tried to fool tarot by phrasing the question slightly differently every time, for example : what does he feel for me ? What does he want from me ? What does he want for us ? Where does he want this to go ? (As if changing the verb, or the word order, could somehow confuse the cards !!!) Every time I get the Devil, the Devil and 2 of cups, the Devil and Lovers, the Devil and 3 of cups, the Devil always staring at me and laughing ! And every time I feel like an idiot, and at the same time I'm amused....

LunarLioness

Oh wow haha apparently it thinks it's making itself very clear indeed :D

I do that too, keep changing the verb, thinking I'm pretty clever, only to lay the cards out and go "oh."

Gabe

Oh wow haha apparently it thinks it's making itself very clear indeed :D

I do that too, keep changing the verb, thinking I'm pretty clever, only to lay the cards out and go "oh."

Yes, there's someone up there laughing like crazy at how clever we think we are....

LunarLioness

Yes, there's someone up there laughing like crazy at how clever we think we are....

Agreed. I am constantly trying to trick the universe in everyday life, by playing to it's sense of humour. Often, I do not win. ;)

I've also had lenorman Dog + Flowers for "something that will happen for me today". I was all "awww a nice gift from a friend!" Instead, one of my dogs pulled a vase of flowers off the table and soaked the carpet. :| Aren't you just hilarious universe.

EmpressSha

Tarot has an evil sense of humour sometimes... I got really excited once because I got 8 of Wands for my daily card when I very much needed to act and get things done... Alas my RWS deck was taking the **** and really what it was telling me is there would be some "fast movement" - as in spending all day in the toilet :S

Sorry if this is TMI but I thought it was funny eventually (after I recovered lol) :D Actually looked it up and found others have had their decks play the same cruel joke on them with this particular card!