Do you pay attention to "jumping cards"?

Ladyblackbyrd

When you are reading for yourself, or even others, do you pay attention to cards that may fall out of the deck when you are shuffling? I was pulling cards for myself the other day and after I'd shuffled and drawn the cards I noticed that 3 cards were still in the box. Two of them happened to be cards that I'd drawn a few days before, which gave me pause. I just kept going with the cards that I'd pulled, but I've wondered about this before.
Do you pay attention when cards happen to point themselves out to you, or do you just put them back in the deck and keep going?

GotH

If they are jumping out at me this is a major sign for me to pay special attention to its meaning. It's an obvious emphasis! :cool2:

Simple

If 1 or 2 cards, yes, I definitely pay attention. Extra attention if they come up again in the spread. I don't pay attention if a bunch (like 5 cards) drop, I just consider that it's due to my clumsy hands

Citrin

Sometimes I do? When they really jump out you know? But other times I kind of feel like it's all because of my small hands, and a lot of times several cards fall out, so it doesn't feel so special to me just that I'm being clumsy! :p

I'm reading the book "Psychic Tarot" right now and it says jumpers are certainly something to pay attention to, so I might get more into it now...

Curious Dragon

I pay attention if they fall right side up. I've found those tend to be important. But if they fall with their backs up, I just put them back in.

Ladyblackbyrd

I think that I am more likely to pay attention if the card is face up. There have been times that the card in question seems to resonate with my question.
I remember reading a thread that talked about trying to figure out what a card represents when you consistently pull it in a daily draw. I think that I am going to have to dig it up and see if it will shed some light on the card in question.

Grizabella

My belief is that if cards fall or "jump" from the deck or hide in the box to be discovered later, they're removing themselves from the reading. Meaning that they don't want to be drawn so they make sure they can't be drawn in the course of the spread. I know that's the opposite of what others believe, but this is my firm belief.

If you found cards still in the box that had come up for the same question or a similar one in the past, then the significance I put on that would be that they're telling you that the interpretation that was made of them last time isn't the right one. Or that the situation has changed in those two aspects and an additional one represented by the other card hiding in the box. Same if they "jump" or "fly" or "tip-toe" or otherwise remove themselves from the deck.

I'm not funnin' anybody. This is how I do see it and it works very well for me.

nisaba

I'm a clumsy shuffler, so "jumping cards" mean nothing.

VGimlet

No, I don't. I put it down to a bad shuffle and put them on the bottom of the deck. :p

Sibylline

When I'm reading for myself, I generally can tell when it's bad shuffling/clumsy hands vs. a card that wants to be noticed. More often than not, it's just a shuffling issue. Jumpers are rare for me, but can be less rare for others, I suppose.

For example, I had one sitter who was shuffling as she was deciding how to articulate her question when, all of a sudden, 5 cards flew out of her hands and landed on the floor. For funsies, we picked them up and laid them out on the table just to see what they were about. Those 5 cards had everything to do with her question, her situation, and advice on what to do about it. :bugeyed:

I love it when stuff like that happens.