Do you throw out tarot deck boxes?

Reverie

Aerin said:
Then the deck goes in a bag naked (is that commando style???)

Hahahaha! This made me laugh Aerin!

Crescent

I only wish that the packaging would be different, less cumbersome. I do save the boxes, but what a pain that is. I wish i could rid myself of them but do not have the heart to do so. Folding them down.. well i am not good at that sorta thing.. i would wind up somehow tearing it.

MrAndrewJ

I just open the top and bottom of the box and let it fold naturally along its creases. My various storage areas are just the right size to get away with that.

quintessence

I'm blessed with the services of a seamstress, often for trade. She's made me a great sturdy upholstery material tote with flat reinforced bottom and crossed straps so when you lift it, it doesn't pull in toward the top, mashing things together.
Into this go my current working decks in bags that have been custom made for the theme or personality of the deck, so that at a glance I can pluck it from the tote. (ie. Housewives is in a red-and-white checked bag with strawberry shaped bead pulls, like a picnic from the 50's.)
That said, I keep every box and its entourage in a special armoire, away from dust, light, etc. Hard to imagine ever selling off most of these beauties, but if ever the day comes, they will be lovingly repackaged and carefully sent (probably with their "dress" bag!)

Cerulean

You might want to cut out the cover identifying the kit...

down to the reasonable size of your storage/bag and use sides to put in front and back of the deck to act as 'covers'.

In fact, you can cut the box flap tops/ears off and cutting to the size of the deck/book or however size of storage...and make it a wrap-around bookcase cover to keep the deck or set flat.

If I do not keep the whole box, if I like the art--I'll try to make some kind of bookcover or something...

The Klimt and some of the gold foil decks have a dazzling sample card cover that one doesn't want to discard. At the least, if you like...one can cut the covers down to card size and have a neat bookmark for any associated books one might be reading with the deck...

Not that you need any more hobbies...

Cerulean