Documentary Film

Carla

What is the name of the deck with the bright vivid blues and reds? (Seen several times, example 32:06-32:33). I like that one, can you buy it?

Le Fanu

At both those times you mention, it is the LoS Ancient Tarot of Marseilles on screen, which is a reproduction of the Conver

cronegoddess54

Thank you for posting this! Very nice documentary, full of wonderful information and the decks were amazing! Sure wish I had the deck that had that vivid blue color in it.....
CG

DaughterOfDanu

This is the best thing I've watched in a while.
Thanks!! Loving this!!
The part about the Dutch Orphanages did get to me, being adopted and having a letter from my biological mother it touched a soft spot in my heart. Definately will be in my mind next time I play with some cards. As well I'd love to read what some of the love letters written on the back of the cards say.

Carla

Le Fanu said:
At both those times you mention, it is the LoS Ancient Tarot of Marseilles on screen, which is a reproduction of the Conver

I see from a quick online search there are many versions. I would like one with large (ish) size cards and very vivid artwork (not showing wear and tear of original). Which deck would you recommend? I have found a US Games one. How many versions of the Tarot of Marseille exist?? Which is best? Maybe I should start a new thread.

lark

Thanks for posting this poivre.
I've been having the best time watching all the documentaries on there...
loved the one about crop circles...Swirled Order.

Suzanne A

Thanks for putting up this link, very interesting documentary--and only slightly sensationalized. <Ominous music> "But some think the Tarot had a darker purpose . . ."

Of course I wish they had said more about my favorite aspect of Tarot history, the connections between the Major Arcana and medieval/renaissance culture, such as the mystery plays and trionfi processions.

Now, I need to learn more about the special decks used by Voodoo practitioners; that looked cool.