Dodal-inspired art

Ross G Caldwell

In the category of "Tarot-inspired art", here is a gorgeous ceramic table-top (over 1 meter in length) based on the Dodal recently made by ceramist Pierre Leroy Terquem, for Jean-Claude Flornoy (Roxanne Flornoy sent me the pic).

dodaltable.jpg

I think it's one of the most beautiful integrations of Tarot symbols in another medium that I have ever seen.

Bernice

Beautiful!

Moon, Star (Temperance) & Sun. Is it a tray?

Bee :)

Duh.... it's a plaque-cum-table-top. I'd have liked it as a tray.

Ross G Caldwell

Bernice said:
Beautiful!

Moon, Star (Temperance) & Sun. Is it a tray?

Sorry Bee, I forgot to add that it's over a metre long - it's a table top.

Moonbow

Beautiful, looks like painting and tiles, and very reminiscent of the Dodal. Only someone with familiarity of the deck could produce something like this in another medium. I love the colours too. Thanks Ross, and of course Roxanne.

Melanchollic

Evie!? :bugeyed:

Evie, what have you done with Moonbow? I hope you've not gone and locked her in the little room under the stairs, like they did to Harry P.

Bee,

We should never depict Temperance on a table! Especially in France!! :eek: On second thought, since it's Ash Wednesday, maybe a "temperate" table could be used during Lent! ;)

Bernice

Bee,

We should never depict Temperance on a table! Especially in France!! :eek: On second thought, since it's Ash Wednesday, maybe a "temperate" table could be used during Lent! :)
You passed the test Mel! (Says she..... glancing furtively about in case anyone else noticed it's NOT Temperance!) .

I wonder if Pierre Leroy Terquem has done more than one of them?

GryffinSong

That's GORGEOUS!!!

Moonbow

You passed TWO tests Mel!

Moonbow* is around, not locked in a little room under the stairs just locked in the past. But there's a hint of her...... jougen no tsuki.

The cards for comparison sake:

flornoy-dodal-moon-star-sun.png

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
You passed the test Mel! (Says she..... glancing furtively about in case anyone else noticed it's NOT Temperance!) .

I Passed?! :bugeyed:

HURAAAAY!! :D (Are there prizes?)

Evie,

So it's one of those "Evie - the artist formerly known as Moonbow" scenarios, eh? (In contrast to one of those "Three Faces of Eve" scenarios...)

I love when people recreate themselves. Is Evie sporting some hot new threads, just in time for spring? Maybe a new haircut?

My Granny was named 'Eve', so I'm expecting you to indulge us all with warmth, hugs, and lots of homemade pies!! :love:

The crowned one

Amazing and beautiful table.