Does anyone have a deck they use for themselves only?

shadowdancer

I think I have found mine - Vargo Gothic tarot.

I used this for the first time today on myself on a very tricky situation.

My college where I work is about to take strike action over an issue which has had a dramatic effect on all staff. Can't go into details here, but it is incredibly stressful for all.

I used the above deck to ask questions about the situation
(what I will come across on strike day, what short term and long term repercussions are, my moral stance, management stance and what to be careful of avoiding etc)

I was blown away with how clear the messages came into my head, and how the card images made me see things in a very factual way.

The first card I drew was the queen of wands. I am never to keen on court cards at the best of times, as they tend not to have much by way of imagery to call on. This had a black beast with red eyes circling behind her, and it was so clear when I saw it.

I was going to be able to stand firm and focussed on the day, but there was going to be some threatening movement behind me. However, it could not physically attack me.

The other cards followed incredibly well, and I had it confirmed there was going to be a long haul involved here, with no rosey outcome.

I really did feel this was MY deck, and may not be used for readings for other people.

Which now leads to the question...................

does anyone else have a deck they have put by which they only use for themselves?

By similar, I do have a particular pendulum I use in conjunction with tarot readings at times, and it is never used for anything else. When I tried a different pendulum on one occasion it acted totally confused!!!!
Suffice to say I have gone back to the 'tarot' pendulum now and use the others in conjunction with my healing work.

Davina

Elven

Hi Shadowdancer :)

I have one deck in particular which I call my own - my Visconti-Sforza. The thing is I rarely use it, but I classify it as 'my' deck :D

The other deck - is my Lord of the Rings Deck - and thats mine cause no one else wants a reading from it !! LOL!! :p

Blessings
Elven x

Sophie

The Full Moon Dreams deck. It's come to be "my" deck, and I wouldn't use it for anyone else now. But that was less of a conscious decision than the way it has happened, almost naturally. It's almost as though the deck stuck to me ;). I keep it by my bedside.

Leo62

For me, it's the Celtic Wisdom Tarot. Like Helvetica, this happened to me by accident. It took me ages to understand this deck and for a long time I just played around with it and worked with the imagery rather than doing any readings. Now it's so "imprinted" on me and feels so personal, I don't think I could read for anyone else with it even if I tried...;)

Incidentally, I had the opposite experience with the Druid Craft. I got nothing when I used this deck for myself, but it gave me brilliant readings when I used it for other people...go figure...:rolleyes:

Fulgour

Zigeuner Tarot Kartenspiel
by Walter Wegmüller

Sphinx Verlag Basel ~AGMüller Switzerland
ISBN 3-85914-102-3
105 mm by 148 mm

As you may know the new smaller AGMüller
"Tsigane" Tarot is ISBN 0880790156

The Zigeuner is a very large deck and brightly coloured,
with incredibly intrinsic designs. It remains my personal
only reading deck for a couple of reasons. First, I made
a special 9 card spread that brings in a good number of
cards for a reading, especially with the Sergius Golowin
book for it that I use. And second because these cards
have always spoken to me with a very precise intimacy.

Hemera

3 decks of Morgan-Greer

I love the Morgan-Greer and I often use it for many things: readings for others, readings for myself, tarot magic, and I often choose pictures to keep at my home altar.. So, I ´ve got three decks of M-G.
One deck is used freely for readings for others and I let my friends or kids look at the pictures and "play" with the cards, get to know them etc. The other deck is for tarot magic, for choosing cards to have at my altar or to carry in my wallet etc. The 3rd deck is one that no-one else has seen or touched and I keep it stricktly for my own readings.

I also have two other decks that I use just for myself (Jolanda Den Tredjes Tarot and Tarot of Transformation) but I only have one deck of each of these ;)

bleuivy

The 1JJ Swiss. I love this deck, but I only use it for myself. The readings I get with it are just too personal, so I use it just for myself.

Indigo Rose

Hi Shadowdancer,
No I don't have a deck I use only for me...BUT I only use one deck for my hubby..the Golden Rider. Several months ago I made the decision not to use it for anyone else...I'm glad to because it "feels" very exclusive when I use it and the deck gives me amazing readings on his behalf.

Peace :heart:

firecatpickles

bleuivy said:
The 1JJ Swiss. I love this deck, but I only use it for myself. The readings I get with it are just too personal, so I use it just for myself.
Ooo, this is interesting because the new deck reading I did with my Swiss here told me that it was exclusive for me and no one else. I guess that makes us kindred spirits...

K:spade:K

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, I use the rider waite exclusively for myself, but my new deck the world spirit isnt giving good answers for others, but me and mundane issues, and finding out information about others. Then I use the tarot of the moon garden for me and others, I use the ceremonial deck for me, the thoth for others and me. They all have a purpose. Exept the celtic tarot deck, I never use it anymore. What a shame, dont know why, and its too used to trade, so it just lays there gathering dust. :( Anyway nice topic,

Serpenta