Does anyone here use a chakra balancing wand?

shelikes2read

Thanks for the email that brought me back to this thread! :) Here's the latest update.

I've done some thinking about the direction I want to go with making these wands. I originally wanted to add chakra-colored stones to accent the wands, but I quickly found out that finding stones in the right size, shape, *and* color assortment to suit me is far easier said than done. Particularly hard to come by is the right color assortment. I didn't expect to be unable to find gemstone beads in all seven chakra colors (or eight, if you include the white one that's about a foot above the crown chakra, as I like to).

I have decided to forego the accent beads. Besides, instead of just pigeonholing the wands into just doing chakra balancing work, I think I'd rather give every user a blank slate to work with, so they can decide for themselves what uses suit their needs best. So now my idea is to make a Lightworker's Wand.

Here are pictures of my two prototypes. One has a natural quartz crystal point on each end, per the request made earlier in this thread, and the other has a quartz sphere on one end, and a natural quartz point on the other. Each wand is just over 8 inches long.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/Gabey8/280a599f.jpg

Having worked with them, I love the way these materials combine to direct energy. To give an idea of how they work, I did my best to take an image, albeit with a very limited-capability camera, that would show just how the wands fill up with and project VISIBLE light energy. I held the sphere end of the one wand up to a penlight in a darkened room. That's the bright spot at the bottom of the image. As you can see, the light fills the stem, goes into the quartz point, and is reflected off the nearby wall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/Gabey8/1c399e1f.jpg

I'm trying to find reasonable prices online for similar items, so I have an idea of what's a fair amount to charge. (If anyone has ideas of websites I should check, please let me know.) But I did order some bracelet boxes last night that I think will suffice for shipping/storage purposes, in preparation of actually making items that will be purchased and mailed out. (I'll find out how well the boxes work when they get here, and I get a look at how the protofypes fit.)

shelikes2read

Here's the latest update:

Still waiting on the silver nickel wire to arrive to make silver-colored wands.

I have yellow brass and copper wire already, so I can currently make gold-colored or copper wands.

I am also waiting for some colored copper wire to arrive (in the same shipment as the silver nickel). I will be able to wire wrap a wand with a wire color that corresponds to most of the Chakras.

Jewelry boxes suitable for shipping/storage have arrived in the mail. This was a biggie, as I couldn't sell anything that I couldn't safely ship. :)

So if whoever's interested in a wand could let me know via PM what they're looking for, as far as wire color, quartz point + sphere vs. dual quartz points, and anything else they might have interest in, I'd appreciate it. That'll give me an idea of how many items I'll need to make for AT, prior to setting up an Etsy store (which I'm holding off on doing until all the different kinds of wire come in).

shelikes2read

Update: I've posted a link to my brand-new Etsy store in the Advertising section. :)

peaceandkarma

I've got a Sardonyx crystal wand, I don't think Sardonyx balances the chakras as its coloured Onyx but I really love its energy.

shelikes2read

I've got a Sardonyx crystal wand, I don't think Sardonyx balances the chakras as its coloured Onyx but I really love its energy.

IIRC, black (as well as red) corresponds to the root chakra, as it's very grounding. Though technically, there are other chakras even lower than the root chakra, going down below our feet and the very lowest one is at the center of the Earth, so one of those might actually correspond to the color black. But even so, it wouldn't be off the mark to assign all grounding and centering stones to the root chakra.

Sardonyx might not be the ideal tool for balancing all chakras, but it would definitely help a person whose attention and energy are scattered and unfocused.

Some stones just resonate with us in a powerful way. I've always been a huge fan of quartz, ever since I saw pictures of the fascinating clear rock back in science class when I was in second or third grade. Judging from the popularity of quartz jewelry and other items, I'm far from alone. :) I'm hoping that other avid quartz fans will make their way to Etsy for a wand or (soon!) quartz wire-wrapped jewelry.

peaceandkarma

Hi Shelikestoread, I never knew just how nice Sardonyx really is, my wand is one of my favourite crystals. I've been keeping it in my pocket when I go to job interviews, but its not kept me get a job yet.

shelikes2read

Hi Shelikestoread, I never knew just how nice Sardonyx really is, my wand is one of my favourite crystals. I've been keeping it in my pocket when I go to job interviews, but its not kept me get a job yet.

One of the functions of wands is to help us actualize our intentions, or convert our thoughts into reality. I haven't used a crystal wand for that purpose yet -- just the prototypes of the wands that I'm making for Etsy. It was my way of "field testing" them before I embarked on the project of making them for others.

Mind you, I haven't tried to actualize myself a Rolls Royce or anything large yet. ;) I've just tried to use them to attract extra calls on some nights when I'm doing Tarot readings for the phone service. I'm satisfied with those results, as it seems the calls do come in more frequently when I really put an effort into attracting them. Oh, and I used the double-terminated wand to successfully straighten out some minor back pain and elbow pain, both of which had persisted for weeks without any sign of improvement. I think I've just spared myself a cortisone shot, hooray -- I hate injections!

But anyway, wands help us focus our intentions more clearly. So maybe, along with having one in your pocket, you can try to use it in a proactive way to help the job interviews go even better than ever. You know, a little bit of "I'm THE best candidate you're going to encounter for this job" energy never hurt anybody. :)

AJ

Nickle is one of the most common allergy triggers. I''m not sure we'd be holding the wand enough to break out the hands but it is something those of us with the allergy have learned to avoid.

I'm liking the sounds of the copper and brass.
If you find these are more of your focus than readings, you might switch out your User CP link to etsy?

shelikes2read

Nickle is one of the most common allergy triggers. I''m not sure we'd be holding the wand enough to break out the hands but it is something those of us with the allergy have learned to avoid.

I'm liking the sounds of the copper and brass.
If you find these are more of your focus than readings, you might switch out your User CP link to etsy?

That's good to know about the silver nickel. I hadn't thought about the metals from the hypoallergenic angle, but it does make sense.

As it happens, the first silver-colored wire I have gotten is copper with a silver enamel on it. But I use two sizes of wire (14 gauge and 20 gauge), and only one size has come in. I can't make a silver-metal wand until the thinner-gauge wire also comes in.

When I get a few more items listed on Etsy, I think I'm going to swap my website link. Especially since on this site, not too many people will be interested in getting a paid reading, because so many members already know how to read and participate in reading exchanges. :)

peaceandkarma

One of the functions of wands is to help us actualize our intentions, or convert our thoughts into reality. I haven't used a crystal wand for that purpose yet -- just the prototypes of the wands that I'm making for Etsy. It was my way of "field testing" them before I embarked on the project of making them for others.

Mind you, I haven't tried to actualize myself a Rolls Royce or anything large yet. ;) I've just tried to use them to attract extra calls on some nights when I'm doing Tarot readings for the phone service. I'm satisfied with those results, as it seems the calls do come in more frequently when I really put an effort into attracting them. Oh, and I used the double-terminated wand to successfully straighten out some minor back pain and elbow pain, both of which had persisted for weeks without any sign of improvement. I think I've just spared myself a cortisone shot, hooray -- I hate injections!

But anyway, wands help us focus our intentions more clearly. So maybe, along with having one in your pocket, you can try to use it in a proactive way to help the job interviews go even better than ever. You know, a little bit of "I'm THE best candidate you're going to encounter for this job" energy never hurt anybody. :)

Mines a healing wand, are you making Wicca wands for spells?