Does anyone think of AT as ...

Little Baron

... their journal???

I am not the best at keeping a journal. All I need is a couple of days away from it and all my best intentions fall apart. However, I see how useful one can be.

After starting and not continuing with one so many times, I thought to myself, 'actually, I have been contributing to a tarot journal for a long time now .. the online journal that is this site'.

I have sections for all cards - some I have contributed to and others, I am yet to.

I have daily draw sections for more than one deck.

I have files for readings, historical and traditional meanings, places to store tarot artwork created and a catalogue of all decks, which is frequently updated.

I can pick up my journal while I am at work or at home.

Just a few assets of this journal. I only thought about it because I was recording my daily draws on my mobile phone, with a few words added in the calendar section. I had physical books but often left them at home or didn't have the time to make notes. I have AT open at work and can add comments to my daily draws during the day and then reflect on them in the evening. I looked back at some old RWS draws last night and it was nice to remember certain days with the cards. If they had been recorded on paper or my laptop, I am sure they would have become mislaid, deleted or lost by now, but here, they seem safe and I have a years worth of entries I can search for whenever I like.

So, does anyone see AT as the great Tarot Journal in the sky???

LB

Al Si'ra

Yes; of course..I am not really proffesional in tarot so without AT i kinda feel like i'm losing some talent if i don't check here a few times a day..for me it's like attending my classes and giving feedback when necessary and helping others if it is in my ability..
And plus i post my readings and write my own feelings about it which i don't normally do-i'm too lazy to do that kind of stuff and i basically just share them you know-just like a journal as you said-and sometimes i do it just to see my own reflection on the reading-if i write it somewhere else then i don't think i would be that careful since nobody's gonna really have a chance to attribute;but if i write them here i know that i have to pay more attention to details- i feel more responsible....What AT does; it's huge..not only a journal but also a school kind of thing for me :)

siouxj73

I can't say I use AT for that purpose.

However I do have a LiveJournal which I adore. I started it for the purposes of a different study group, and now it is my moon, dream and tarot journal all combined. For me the bonus is that my daughter (who is 3) can't sabotage it and knows that the computer's out of bounds (unlike my notebooks). While I word document may suffice, I don't have to worry about making the thing look pretty or archiving the entries - it's done automatically. And a select group of people can read it if they wish.

Little Baron

Al Si'ra said:
but if i write them here i know that i have to pay more attention to details

I can relate to this. I think about things more when I write them here and also, I like the fact that I know others will read them. I try to not become too personal. which may often detract in a journal that only I read.

LB

a_shikhs

great site for learning..

I dont really use AT as a tarot journal, but yes i have learnt a LOT from this site. I am addicted to this site..hehehe... I love asking the members here questions and learning more from them. And i truly love helping people when i can.. I do have a journal with me where i right about my dreams and people's views on them. This site has helped me a lot to grow spiritually.. Everyday after i come home from college, i just have to sit for a while and learn something new. What i love about this site is that there are different people from all over the world . This gives me a great opportunity to know them and learn from them. I love checking out the tarot and oracle decks here and then adding them to my wishlist... ;)

weaver

I don't use this site as a means to journal but I do think of AT as a wonderful learning tool and consider everyone here a friend.

My world was suddenly turned upside down when I began to work with Tarot. Thought I most certainly did not ram my interest in Tarot down anyone's throat, people who had been really good friends up to that point began to treat me differently. They found the whole concept of Tarot to be suspect, disturbing or even downright scary. Suffice it to say, my lovely corner of the woods is NOT the most liberal bastion going!

When I come here (and I do a lot!) I am surrounded by intellegent, thoughtful individual's with whom I can openly talk Tarot with. For me, this Forum is a godsend.

weaver

catlin

AT is a very appreciated and well-beloved way to deepen my interest and study in tarot.

I cannot exactly call it a journal to me as my tarot journal looks different but AT is a vital part of my studies and a mile stone on my way of life.

sharpchick

I can't say I use AT as my journal. . . I have one for each deck, and one for daily readings, as well as kind of a "master" journal where I keep notes of insights ("AHA" moments), and it's into that one that I have some notes about various posts here.

However, AT is a very valuable resource for information for me. People who have been reading tarot for so much longer than I are the best teachers I could ever find. Regardless of the view or card interpretation posted, I learn something new every time I log in, and am challenged to think "outside the box."

Emily

I think of AT as part of my journal because nearly everything I post on here comes from or is placed in my journal. Tarot related posts I write on here are nearly always written out in my journal first then pasted into here.

I have copies of all my posts and sometimes I paste spreads and other things of interest straight into my journal. When I do indepth studies of the cards or daily spreads - they've been pasted from my journal.

I'm not that good at keeping written Tarot Journals but I can just about manage one on the PC. :D

WalesWoman

AT is probably as close to keeping a journal as anything else... since I don't keep a journal per se. Ok, I don't keep a journal at all... I've got a notebook full of readings and spreads that I rarely look at.

So if I want to know something... coming here is the best thing I can do for myself.