Does anyone USE the Animals Divine?

MareSaturni

Okay, i want to know.

I remember, years ago, when this deck was released, everyone talked about it and everybody wanted it. Now it seems to have disappeared completely. Is there anyone who uses it regularly, or most of you just keep it for collection purpouses? If you never use it, why?

No, i'm not hired by Lisa Hunt to ask that (LOL :laugh:), i'm just simply curious. It IS a beautiful deck, why it seems so forgotten?

Thanks!

Owl Song

Hi Marina!

I think Animals Divine is a beautiful deck. I adore the art work. I even like many of her choices for the different cards.

But for some reason--I can't read with it. The associations are very abstract and for me I think that's why I struggle with it. I find it a hard deck to connect with on the day-to-day.

I did have a really great "fable" reading with it once though, spinning a fable of sorts out of the cards.

I do love the concept and the novelty of the deck; I am holding onto mine, hoping someday we click better.

Grizabella

I just think it's more an art deck than a reading deck. When some artists create their decks, their thinking is so abstract and off the beaten track that it doesn't trigger any associations with the average tarot reader. This is one, I think, along with her Shapeshifter deck, that's just something that made sense to her when she created it, but that doesn't ring bells with those trying to read with it. Instead of dealing with archetypes, it just means something to her and not to most other people.

I love Animals Divine for the pretty pictures of the animals in it. It doesn't really do anything for me as a Tarot deck, though. And quite honestly, the only reason I'm keeping the Shapeshifter deck is so I'll have both of her decks. Go figure.

I'm thinking of sending both of the decks away sometime soon, though. I don't foresee taking the time to learn what she had in mind for either one.

Mi-Shell

I find it easy to read with and relate all the Native American, European and Siberian animal meanings/ symbolism to the cards.
I however had, just for myself change a few cards around.... (there is a thread about it here somewhere.)
I had it with me a few times, when reading in public, but people that are drawn to animals in my choice of reading decks always pick the Medicine Cards/ Oracle over this deck.

Aerin

I use it yes... but it's one of the few decks where I actually need the book if I'm to make full use of the cards. With the book, it all makes perfect sense. Without, it's a stretch (some cards more than others).

If I used it all the time I know that I would be able to read with it well, but at the moment I haven't got that time. But that's not to say that I don't value it: I find it especially good for emotional issues (not relationship ones, just emotional ones).

Aerin

shadowdancer

cannot read with it and to be honest I am trying to trade it here. No doubt it will end up on e-bay :(

I am having to trim my collection a little for an overseas move. Those decks which will not be used I am being strict with, this being one of them.

THis is not to decry her work - she is a very talented artist, and I love her Celtic Dragon deck which in my opinion has been the only deck she has produced I can class as a tarot deck for some reason

Davina

Kissa

i tried to use it when i first got it, it was a long wait. i had pre-ordered the deck and all. i wasn't disappointed when i finally had it in my hands, it IS a beautiful dreamy deck. but to me, honestly, it has not much to do with a tarot deck, it is an oracle.

you just inspired me, dear Marina, to get it out of its box and use it like that... as inspirational cards, animal guides cards, oracle, for meditation etc. but really, for me, at this point of my tarot career ;-) it is too different from the traditional RWS style (and i don't blame artists who try to have a new take on the good'ol' RWS because honestly, who needs yet ANOTHER RWS clone, i sometimes wonder...).

good thread. we could do that with quite a few of last years' super favourite and best sellers "OMG, i need that one, i think it will be my favourite deck ever, i am pre-ordering it, i just bought it, i hope it will soon arrive in my mailbox" :rolleyes: decks!!!!
:laugh:

WolfSpirit

I have used the minors of this deck for readings. I use it in a very intuitive way, not traditional tarot meanings.
Which is why I used it in the AT Oracle readings exchange :)

Skimo

I have received the Animal Divine during a Trade train.

It's my favourite animal deck, but I have never read with it yet.

Whitney

I think of it as more of an oracle as well. I use it. I love the artwork. It's so beautiful!