does he have remorse?

Libertya

Hi there!

****NO more replies****
I have an interesting reading! I used the Tarot Waite deck. I want confirmation that my interpretation is correct. I am having trouble interpreting tarot cards together as you all know. :)
I did this reading for my sister because for the longest time she felt bothered by this topic. She gave me permission of course to post this for help.
Ok. Last year my sister's boyfriend broke up with her 2 months before their planned trip to Mexico. The trip as a surprise early birthday present for her boyfriend. She paid for the whole entire trip. She covered the surprise up by saying that she wanted to do something nice for him. Anyway, during the breakup he told her he didn't want to go to Mexico with her and was very cold towards her. She ended up losing all her money from that trip and she felt like he didn't care or have remorse.
I did a reading for her today to give her closure.

Her question was: How did x feel about missing out on our planned trip to Mexico?
I pulled three cards in order:
6 of pentacles: This means giving and receiving, money, and balance.
5 of pentacles: This card means loss and lack, poverty, feeling left out.
10 of swords: means hitting rock bottom, mental stress, loss, goodbyes, depression.

My interpretation is that maybe he feels like he owes her something? Maybe feels guilty for missing out and wants to pay her back or make it up to her?
These are all pretty bad cards here except for 6 of pents. Maybe he feels like he left her out in the cold.

What do you think these cards mean all together?

Bluebird

Hi there!
I have an interesting reading! I used the Tarot Waite deck. I want confirmation that my interpretation is correct. I am having trouble interpreting tarot cards together as you all know. :)
I did this reading for my sister because for the longest time she felt bothered by this topic. She gave me permission of course to post this for help.
Ok. Last year my sister's boyfriend broke up with her 2 months before their planned trip to Mexico. The trip as a surprise early birthday present for her boyfriend. She paid for the whole entire trip. She covered the surprise up by saying that she wanted to do something nice for him. Anyway, during the breakup he told her he didn't want to go to Mexico with her and was very cold towards her. She ended up losing all her money from that trip and she felt like he didn't care or have remorse.
I did a reading for her today to give her closure.

Her question was: How did x feel about missing out on our planned trip to Mexico?
I pulled three cards in order:
6 of pentacles: This means giving and receiving, money, and balance.
5 of pentacles: This card means loss and lack, poverty, feeling left out.
10 of swords: means hitting rock bottom, mental stress, loss, goodbyes, depression.

My interpretation is that maybe he feels like he owes her something? Maybe feels guilty for missing out and wants to pay her back or make it up to her?
These are all pretty bad cards here except for 6 of pents. Maybe he feels like he left her out in the cold.

What do you think these cards mean all together?

Hi Libertya,

The 6 of pentacles depicts a wealthy merchant giving coins to someone who is on their knees which perhaps points towards a feeling of a lack of equality and power. The 5 of pentacles shows two people standing outside a church in the cold while light burns insides. We don't know why they are outside, but pride could perhaps be a factor. Finally the 10 of swords suggests an over- the -top reaction - afterall it only takes sword to mortally wound someone. Is your sister financially better -off than this guy? These cards would seem to suggest that his pride was effected by the proposed gift and he felt less as a result causing him to overreact. In response to your question I think he the cards are telling you about the annoyance/hurt he felt about the gift, which was unfortunate given the kindness of it. It looks like there maybe some deep issues for him here which the situation brought up for him.

Just my two cents - I hope it helps?

Bluebird

Sharla

Yes he did feel some sort of remorse, because the 5 pents and 6 pents is not someone who does things on a whim, he will have been contemplating this for a while and he wouldn't have broke up with her until he was totally sure he was doing the right thing.

So he probably came across as harsh, as he felt bad in a way and didn't know how else to act....he just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible.

But with the 10 swords then yes for him it's the end.

Libertya

Hi Libertya,

The 6 of pentacles depicts a wealthy merchant giving coins to someone who is on their knees which perhaps points towards a feeling of a lack of equality and power. The 5 of pentacles shows two people standing outside a church in the cold while light burns insides. We don't know why they are outside, but pride could perhaps be a factor. Finally the 10 of swords suggests an over- the -top reaction - afterall it only takes sword to mortally wound someone. Is your sister financially better -off than this guy? These cards would seem to suggest that his pride was effected by the proposed gift and he felt less as a result causing him to overreact. In response to your question I think he the cards are telling you about the annoyance/hurt he felt about the gift, which was unfortunate given the kindness of it. It looks like there maybe some deep issues for him here which the situation brought up for him.

Just my two cents - I hope it helps?

Bluebird

First of all my sister is a wealthy college student. Her ex may have been poor and was in debt. Do you think that may be the gift made him realize his financial situation and kind of made him break down?
But my question is does he feel guilty for what happened?

Libertya

Yes he did feel some sort of remorse, because the 5 pents and 6 pents is not someone who does things on a whim, he will have been contemplating this for a while and he wouldn't have broke up with her until he was totally sure he was doing the right thing.

So he probably came across as harsh, as he felt bad in a way and didn't know how else to act....he just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible.

But with the 10 swords then yes for him it's the end.

I think maybe he felt like she was the rich giving him( the poor) a gift and made him feel low self esteem. I do think he was contemplating it for a while and reality kicked in and he couldn't take it any more at the last minute. He was excited about the trip though. So it doesn't make sense how he could have changed his mind so quickly. Do you think he did it to hurt her? Or was he just embarassed about her paying for everything?

Bluebird

First of all my sister is a wealthy college student. Her ex may have been poor and was in debt. Do you think that may be the gift made him realize his financial situation and kind of made him break down?
But my question is does he feel guilty for what happened?

Hi Libertya,

Personally I don't see remorse in the cards, but this is not to say that he will not feel it at some point (when mature reflection kicks in). The cards, as I read them, are telling you that the over-riding emotion was one of hurt pride .... and if a negative emotion like that is at play it usually leaves little room for remorse. If he went along with it for a while it could be that he was trying to manage the situation in his own head but eventually he just found that he couldn't handle accepting something that he wasn't in a position to give himself. So yes, I do think that the gift drew attention to the disparity in their financial situations (perhaps even socio-economic status) and he wasn't able to handle it.

Bluebird

MDredhead

Sometimes the cards read the situation differently than asked. I would interpret this as a reading for your sister -- a diagnosis and advice on how to move ahead.

She was generous (6 Pent) but then lost her wealth (5Pent) and was stabbed in the back, 10S. As the situation had to do with something material that was purchased, the Pents make a lot of sense.

I would pay special attention to the 10S-- the end of the cycle. The good thing about it is that its over-- you can't be re-stabbed in the back as there is simply no more room. You can now start to move on. This reading seems to indicate more about what your sister is going through than her ex. I don't see any of the cards I associate with loss or remorse in this reading.

BeyondtheVeil

MDredhead

Sometimes the cards read the situation differently than asked. I would interpret this as a reading for your sister -- a diagnosis and advice on how to move ahead.

She was generous (6 Pent) but then lost her wealth (5Pent) and was stabbed in the back, 10S. As the situation had to do with something material that was purchased, the Pents make a lot of sense.

I would pay special attention to the 10S-- the end of the cycle. The good thing about it is that its over-- you can't be re-stabbed in the back as there is simply no more room. You can now start to move on. This reading seems to indicate more about what your sister is going through than her ex. I don't see any of the cards I associate with loss or remorse in this reading.

I was going to say this also. There is no remorse except for hers. The 10 of Swords like multiple people have said means at least it is over. The situation/relationship has ended and now moving on to more positive things is the only thing to do.

Best of luck to your sister! Give her hugs and let her know it's time to move on away from the past. In the 10 of Swords. there is always a new beginning. Not for the restart of what was, but a focus on the future and new relationships and experiences.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Libertya

Yes, she was generous to him and he did stab her in the back. She agrees with me also. The 5 of pents is her financial loss. But it's funny because we asked about his feelings. I thought for sure these cards were his feelings. I felt the 10 of swords meant he stabbed her in the back?

Libertya

I was going to say this also. There is no remorse except for hers. The 10 of Swords like multiple people have said means at least it is over. The situation/relationship has ended and now moving on to more positive things is the only thing to do.

Best of luck to your sister! Give her hugs and let her know it's time to move on away from the past. In the 10 of Swords. there is always a new beginning. Not for the restart of what was, but a focus on the future and new relationships and experiences.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Thank you! It was a tough situation for her and i because we went through the exact same situation exactly 7 months apart. I thought the 10 of swords would mean that he felt he stabbed her in the back? I asked the cards on his feelings about it. Or did the cards just not answer it?