Doing readings on other people

Goodknight

If I want to do a reading on someone else, when I am asking my question, do I just put the person's first and last name into the question?

Onion Budgie

Yes, that's what I do. And if ever you don't have their last name, offer any other detail that you have about them just to be clear. If their name is "Michelle" for example, and that's all you have, well there are a lot of Michelles out there. :D (And now I'm imagining spirit sitting there scratching their head. "Yes, but Michelle who?) :laugh:

HeatherRose

If I know the person I try to put an image of them in my mind when I ask.
If I don't know what they look like, then yes, first and last name.
If I only know their first name, I simply use that. Just like on here on AT...I only know the person's username, so I use that when asking questions to pull cards for. Or if it's a "game" thread, I will insert their name into the question they asked.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

If I know the person I try to put an image of them in my mind when I ask.

If I don't know what they look like, then yes, first and last name.

If I only know their first name, I simply use that. Just like on here on AT...I only know the person's username, so I use that when asking questions to pull cards for. Or if it's a "game" thread, I will insert their name into the question they asked.

I go about it the same way. When I was offering free readings on tumblr I'd keep their username and icon in mind. Most times I at least had a first name.

Grizabella

At the moment I'm only reading here on the forum most of the time so I just use the person's ID name. The "Great Whatever" knows who I'm reading on so I don't worry about being more specific. There are no names in the world that haven't been used so even a first, last and middle name isn't going to really specify one particular person.

The way I see it, the cards work through something powerful and mysterious that doesn't nitpick the details like somebody's given name. I'm the one who just gets the message and passes it on. In my belief system, the person I read for was directed to me by a Higher Power so the name really matters only to me if I want to ask what it is.

ana luisa

At the moment I'm only reading here on the forum most of the time so I just use the person's ID name. The "Great Whatever" knows who I'm reading on so I don't worry about being more specific. There are no names in the world that haven't been used so even a first, last and middle name isn't going to really specify one particular person.

The way I see it, the cards work through something powerful and mysterious that doesn't nitpick the details like somebody's given name. I'm the one who just gets the message and passes it on. In my belief system, the person I read for was directed to me by a Higher Power so the name really matters only to me if I want to ask what it is.

Ditto to everything said here :) The system up there functions in a much more sophisticated way than we do. They do not even need names even. Just the thought of the person in need of help/reading is enough to locate it among billions of people all around the world.
Funky and rather cool !

nisaba

(And now I'm imagining spirit sitting there scratching their head. "Yes, but Michelle who?) :laugh:

And there are even thousands upon thousands of Michelle Blacks.

Names mean nothing. Names are labels just like faces are, so that we can tell one person apart from another easily. If you really know a person and have a feel for who they are, you never need mention names. I never do.

When I read in the exchange circles here, I never know anyone's "real" name. And I usually forget their AT name while I'm reading for them, too. It's enough that I know I'm reading for the person I was paired with this month in this exchange circle. :)