Don't you hate it when..

Azarial

Don't you hate it when you have friends/family who just don't believe in the tarot? I have a friend, and he is depressed. He does not believe that tarot cards work. So I wanted to uncover what was bothering him. I pulled The Lovers, Two of Cups, and Four of Cups. So I pretty much figure out that he is depressed about his love life. Of course him being a nonbeliever, says that the cards are wrong. I just don't buy it, I think that he is trying too hard to prove that the cards are full of it. There were long pauses while he was saying that I was wrong.

~Azarial~

FaerieStorm

Azarial,

I can sympathize, but I believe that we all express ourselves in different spiritual ways, and if he doesn't believe in Tarot, then it's not going to work for him. Don't get me wrong: I believe that the cards tell the truth no matter what, but they can't truly shine unless the querent wants to believe it. You can apply this to any spiritual belief system or religion: the Christian Bible, the Qar'an (sorry if I spelled ti incorrectly), Kaballah, Greco-Roman religions, Druidism, etc. Tarot is not exempt from this.

But, like I said, I definitely sympathize. My advice is to let him come to you...when he's ready, he'll come.

Emeraldgirl

Yes I get it a fair bit. He will come to you when ready but you may never hear him say that the cards were right. Some people are skeptics you can't change it until they are willing to listen. Hopefully some day you friend will want to know and listen until then you might have to settle with just giving regualr advice and hugs.

WalesWoman

Azarial,
Lovers, 2 Cups, 4 Cups might have nothing to do with his love life or lack of one.

This reading could have reflected his attitude about you doing a reading for him in the first place for his depression.

He doesn't think it's the real thing (Lovers) or he is following what is in his heart, you both have very different feelings and view about Tarot (2 Cups) He isn't willing to look at any of the options and isn't happy where he is either.<- 4 Cups -> So he'd rather go with "popular" belief rather than look at a new opportunity to change his attitudes and perceptions. He simply isn't interested.

I don't hate it that most of the freinds nearby aren't into Tarot... but it would be nice if someone was. But that is part of why I come here, so I can talk with others who are interested and enjoy the heck out of it. Of course, perhaps if I actually advertised or spoke to the right person, someone might seek me out of of curiosity or to share their own interest.

elviefae

Sometimes I think that its just best to drop it if someone doesn't think the tarot has any value. I remind myself that Tarot is just a tool. A very good one but only a tool. Wastes time to argue with people about it.

Sulis

No, I don't hate it when folks don't believe the same things that I do.

Tarot isn't for everyone, it's up to them.

If I was depressed and someone insisted in finding out why with tarot cards or anything else and I didn't want them to, I think I'd find their actions pretty intrusive.

I think you should leave the bloke alone - if he decides he needs your help, he'll come to you.

Sulis xx

Azarial

Well, he did end up telling me what was wrong, and the cards ended up being right. It was a choice between seeing someone he loved, or doing something for himself, and he didn't know which to do. So turns out I wasn't wrong.

~Azarial~

catlin

Nope, I cannot say that I hate ppl who are not into tarot, it is just not their cup of tea but I dislike when ppl try to make fun of it or of me.

I stick to my tarot passion. Most of my friends are also interested in readings or accept it as my personal thingy, some are sceptic but accept that I like it but I am glad to have you all around to share my interest.

Azarial

Hehe, well I didn't mean to imply that I HATE people who are not into tarot. What I hate is when critics try to go out of thier way to prove that the cards are full of it.

~Azarial~

catlin

Oops, I took it wrong, sorry Azarial.