Doreen Virtue Decks

Nina*

I have just bought her 'Goddess Guidance' and 'Archangel' decks and would like to know how others use these; do you use them together (and how) or do you use each of them for different questions/purposes.
And what do you use them for (ie readings, meditation, 1 card a day.... etc.)?

I thougth of also using them together with my tarot cards; as some sort of advice-card after a reading.

And which book (if any) do you use for these decks (other than the ones that actually goes with the set).

:)
Nina

Alta

Hi Nina,

I have just bought her 'Goddess Guidance' and 'Archangel' decks and would like to know how others use these; do you use them together (and how) or do you use each of them for different questions/purposes.

I use the decks separately in a way, meaning I don't shuffle them together. But, for a single session I might draw a card or two from more than one deck. When I only had three or so of her decks I always drew a card from each but now, since I have them all and I think there are 6 to 8 of them, I just choose a couple of packs and draw one or two cards from each.

And what do you use them for (ie readings, meditation, 1 card a day.... etc.)?

Mostly they are for bedtime, being fairly positive. I just draw a few, often with a situation in mind, but not often a specific question. I should join in one of the oracle groups, but I find it hard to imagine doing a reading with them for another. Should try it though.

I thougth of also using them together with my tarot cards; as some sort of advice-card after a reading.

That could work, but since the cards are universally positive, you could skew your reading. I use the I Ching when doubtful as a clarifier, but it can give the negative along with the positive, like tarot.

And which book (if any) do you use for these decks (other than the ones that actually goes with the set).

I am not sure how many of her total works I have. I think I have around 6 or so. The books, outside those directly complementing the cards, are different. One goes into healing for example, or weight loss, or using numbers etc etc. I rarely use the books directly in conjunction with the cards except sometimes to look up a specific angel or 'ascended master' or god/dess.

Nina*

Once again thank you Marion :)

I can see why you mention that these cards could mess up a tarot-reading (if used as final advice); but actually what I meant was to use it as a positive advice/input next to the advice from the tarot (one could always use something positive).

Because of your recommendation (you said in another thread that this was the best) I also ordered 'Angel Medicine' :D even if I am not sure what that one is about - but something about self-healing or so I expect?!?

xxx
Nina

Alta

Yes, Angel Medicine is about self-healing and I really love it.

Myrrha

Hi Ninamagic

I am new to these decks and still experimenting. I have Healing with the Angels and Healing with the Fairies and so far what seems to work well is to pick one angel and one fairy for each position in a small spread and see what the angel and the fairy add up to. The fairies seem to help the angels deliver their messages. If it is a card-for-the-day I pick one of each or sometimes just an angel.

Right now, I am not sure the cards are entirely positive. If you look at the pictures in the context of the question they don't always look so positive. (This might not be as true of the Archangels, Goddess and Unicorns decks) Like tarot cards, many of them have a range of possible interpretations from positive to negative. Using a spread that has a place in it for an obstacle or challange could be helpful. The little books that come with the decks only give the positive interpretations and as you say, we can always use something positive!

I have found Doreen Virtue's books "Angel Therapy" and "Messages From Your Angels" to be very helpful and interesting. Each one is partly channeled messages from angels and partly about how to get in touch with angels yourself. The messages cover all kinds of different topics and are really wonderful. I've been reading them over and over. I'm looking forward to reading "Angel Medicine" sometime as well.

--Myrrha

Nina*

Hi Myrrha

Thank you for taking the time :)

Yes of course I could just pull a card from each deck (and so I have done so far); but exactly as you state that your fairie deck seems to help your angel deck deliver the message, I would like to be able to kind of differ between these decks...
But I simply do not know enough about angels and goddesses yet; which is 'superior' or are they 'equal'? What would be the difference in working with respectively angels and goddesses??

I am not sure if any of this makes sense :confused: :D

xxx
Nina

Myrrha

Hi Nina

The reason I lay out the angel cards first and then let the fairies help deliver the messages is because the messages on the angel cards are much more broad and general. For example on the angel cards it will say "serenity" or "power" giving you a very general area of things to think about. The fairy cards are a little more specific saying things like "raise your standards" or "(keep) positive expectations".

This is just what works for me. :) It would be different for different people depending on your own spirituality, so experimenting would be a good idea. Which do you think would be more in charge of your messages, angels or goddesses?

--Myrrha

Nina*

Myrrha said:
It would be different for different people depending on your own spirituality, so experimenting would be a good idea. Which do you think would be more in charge of your messages, angels or goddesses?
I'm not sure... the messages from both the goddesses and the angels are much identical (on these cards) and I guess, that's what makes it difficult for me to differ between them :confused:

xxx
Nina

lunakasha

I have two Virtue decks, Fairies and Mermaids/Dolphins.

And the artwork on all of her decks is just stunning....but I have never been able to figure out how to use them in a spread. I have only used them as a daily card or meditation deck....just focusing on one card seems to give me plenty of information.

I am curious to hear more from those who do read with these cards (in a spread).

And I have a more "practical" question to ask:

How do you get rid of the stickiness on these cards????
They are just so tricky to shuffle....:eek:

Thanks! :)

Myrrha

Ninamagic said:
I'm not sure... the messages from both the goddesses and the angels are much identical (on these cards) and I guess, that's what makes it difficult for me to differ between them :confused:

xxx
Nina

Well, maybe you could try it first one way and then the other? Or shuffle the decks together and read that way? Or just do readings with one deck at a time for now until you get more of a sense of each deck? It is always a bit overwhelming to aquire two new decks at the same time, let alone two that are similar. Her decks really do give a lot of the same messages just with a slightly different flavor. Maybe you only need one at a time?

Hi Luna! Yes they are so glossy that the cards stick together. I don't mind it. It really does seem to be at a certain point in the shuffling that the cards clump together and then I pretty much stop.
--Myrrha