Doreen Virtue has moved onto Fairies

GlitterNova

I find it weird that she's chosen tarot for this, as well. I know in the other DV thread it was discussed about her bastardization of tarot before, but it seems especially weird here. Why not an oracle?? If anything, CMB's art lends itself much more towards a 'language of flowers'-type oracle deck. Why would DV make extra work for herself by trying to shoehorn it into tarot meanings?

FLizarraga

I find it weird that she's chosen tarot for this, as well. I know in the other DV thread it was discussed about her bastardization of tarot before, but it seems especially weird here. Why not an oracle?? If anything, CMB's art lends itself much more towards a 'language of flowers'-type oracle deck. Why would DV make extra work for herself by trying to shoehorn it into tarot meanings?

Maybe because La Virtue thinks she knows what she is doing?

Plus I guess a "language of flowers" type deck would be more of an homage to CMB, and it would need some honest-to-goodness studying and real work --not to mention some modesty.

Celtictarot

Maybe because La Virtue thinks she knows what she is doing?

Plus I guess a "language of flowers" type deck would be more of an homage to CMB, and it would need some honest-to-goodness studying and real work --not to mention some modesty.

I think after the the offering of the Archangel Power Tarot images, I think we can safely say La Virtue has NO modesty.

This is the video promoting the Guardian Angel deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9r_fxwXy0k *runs for the hills*

Bit of a contradiction here I think:

"we took out anything and everything that could be worrying and frightening and keeping it in the language of the divine."

then

"We kept the original 78 card format"? Hmmmm, so there is STILL people scared of the tarot system, umm maybe they shouldn't be using the tarot then?

LOL. These people are insane! I mentioned this openly on a tarot tag. If tarot was made fwuffy and gentle it would be made as thus. She destroying the tarot system!

Aeric

I'm sorry, but that video actually felt like a Tarot commercial parody with really bad actors! Dorad are really laying it on thick.

So this "Teddy Bear" deck is for people who are still intimidated by her super-sweet Angel Tarot cards. In that case, I've just moved from Type 2 to Type 1 diabetes, because this deck would positively stop any physical production of insulin. I can imagine the angels themselves holding their teeth and wincing in pain, begging for a vat of lemon juice.

That deck is so cozy and sweet that it actually seems sinister, like Hansel and Gretl being lured into the witch's gorgeous candy house. I'm reminded of the Fargo movie poster.

http://www.impawards.com/1996/posters/fargo.jpg

Celtictarot

I'm sorry, but that video actually felt like a Tarot commercial parody with really bad actors! Dorad are really laying it on thick.

So this "Teddy Bear" deck is for people who are still intimidated by her super-sweet Angel Tarot cards. In that case, I've just moved from Type 2 to Type 1 diabetes, because this deck would positively stop any physical production of insulin. I can imagine the angels themselves holding their teeth and wincing in pain, begging for a vat of lemon juice.

That deck is so cozy and sweet that it actually seems sinister, like Hansel and Gretl being lured into the witch's gorgeous candy house. I'm reminded of the Fargo movie poster.

http://www.impawards.com/1996/posters/fargo.jpg

Doreen is blinking away!

shadowdancer

Well, I have just had a revelation.

The box for her oracle decks (assuming they are all the same) are EXACTLY double poker card size :D

I have just ditched the cards, decorated the box lid, sides and base with Lenormand images and now have a double Lennie box with room still for a pendulum or a set of mini's.

I love being able to recycle like this, so don't feel so bad about ditching the cards.

As for the tarot decks, I think it has all been said. I haven't checked on Amazon for a while, but wouldn't be surprised if there is a couple in the works. She does seem to churn them out quite quickly.

FLizarraga

I think after the the offering of the Archangel Power Tarot images, I think we can safely say La Virtue has NO modesty.

This is the video promoting the Guardian Angel deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9r_fxwXy0k *runs for the hills*

Oh, my GOD! What have you done? I have seen it... and I cannot unsee it! :bugeyed:

Hansel and Gretel? Heck, this is positively Lovecraftian! I won't be able to sleep tonight.

"Teddy bear deck"? Yeah, sure --with hidden messages from the Crawling Chaos.

And did you see that woman's neck? It even sort of shimmers --scales, obviously. Positively reptilian. She must be a million years old.

And why, oh, why are she and Paleozoic Nonthreatening Gay Guy using the same bituminous hair dye?

3ill.yazi

"we've taken out anything and everything...." you might find interesting or resembling real life....

BrownBear

And why, oh, why are she and Paleozoic Nonthreatening Gay Guy using the same bituminous hair dye?

I found the matching purple velvet outfits especially weird. Like an old married couple that dresses in the same Hawaiian shirt.