Downloading images of deck on the computer and printing them to use them?

Frannie

Hi
I am totally in love with the Hello Kitty Tarot, unfortunately it is out of sale, I could buy one from ebay but I was told the cards are just plain paper... I was wondering if I could print the whole deck from the internet in good quality paper, like cardstock one, and then use them as regular cards? Have you done that with a deck, print it out from the computer and then use it? Just wondering if I would be the first and only one...

raventepes

It might be possible, provided you have a decent printer.

ilweran

I printed out the Discordian tarot on my (not so decent) printer at home. I've never tried using it, but it printed out ok. I'm guessing you're thinking of printing out the b&w version?

The only real problem is if you want to print something on the back as it's a nightmare to get them aligned. I have tried on the double-sided printer in work using Microsoft Publisher- it almost worked, but they're not 100% perfect.

If you don't have a desktop publisher this one is free this one is free . I don't see any other sensible way of doing them with an image on the back.

SallySparrow

If your printer is smart enough, cut out the size that you want the cards to be and put them in the printer. Print the one side and then turn it over and print the back of the card with the back =).
Most newish printers can do this. My mom brought one 3-4 months ago and it can tell the size of the paper you have put in and will class that as the sheet. So full page would mean the whole of the card. If that makes sense to you.

Ive also found some pre-coloured Hello Kitty Tarot cards:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samiam010203/sets/72157601128562309/

Terri

rcb30872

Wouldn't that be the same as downloading songs for free???????

That is all I am going to say!

firefrost

There are a couple of threads somewhere about the legalities (or indeed Illegalities) of doing this.

Copyright springs to mind. :)

Alta

Just don't even think about re-selling them!

Frannie

Absolutely no way!! I want to give them to my daughter when she is a bit older, to continue the family tradition ;) and I would NEVER do such a thing, I know it is illegal, unethical, and nasty, I would call that a fraud, and I'm certainly not that kind of person.

MareSaturni

Since doing the bakcs is difficult, i'd advice you to make a 'pattern' back...you know, lots of little hearts or start or whatever all alike. Because then you'll be able to cut the cards without worrying if the back image is aligned or not - the back is just a pattern, all the same.

I think 'Il Meneghello' does that sometimes...i have two decks with the same pattern back. One is a tarot deck and the other is Sibilla, so they aren't even related. Guess it makes the work easier, specially if the deck hasn't an official back and all...

~Marina

lark

Print them on regular paper or a heavier card stock (either works) and then put clear contact paper on the front and a designed contact paper on the back...cut out and round corners...I've done this and it works beautifully.
They even shuffle.