Dream interpretation help

Baroli

Ok, admittedly I have been "lurking" around this part of the forum for some time, reading threads concerned with dreams. But I have had one that really didn't shake me, until I sort of woke up.

I am climbing an old winding stone staircase up to a classroom. As I am climbing, one of the steps becomes loose and falls away. And I mean falls away, as I am high up. I get into the classroom and their is the teacher waiting for me. She is very kindly looking, not young or old. She points me over to rows of old fashioned desks that look like what I had when I was in elementary school. One row has two desks side by side, about four or five in that row. The last row has just one desk, about four or five in that row. She asks if I would sit down in the double desk row. (btw, there are other people already there working and studying and not paying attention to me). I ask her if it is alright for me to sit in the row with just one desk and she nods her head yes. I sit down, and I take out my notebook. She comes up to me and says one word, which is "Prague." That's it. Harmless right?

I begin to wake up and you know that state where you are half asleep and half awake? Well, I turn over and as I turn I hear distinctly in my ear, (my eyes are now open), the word "Prague". I jumped up and looked around, of course no one is there, but my cat who just got up for some munchy food and was coming back, arched her back and got all what I called "fluff-tailed" and was staring at the edge of the bed.

Ok, that's it. Anyone who has any thoughts on my dream, please I welcome the input. I think it has a lot to do with learning and going higher with that learning. Oh yeah, it was in glorious color.

Baroli

Baroli

Same Dream AGAIN!!

Hello,

Well, I had the same dream again!! With the same word being told to me Prague. This word is intriguing me. At first I thought maybe the teacher was telling me, urging me to get a Tarot of Prague deck. But upon looking at it, I am on the fence with it. Then I read somewhere, (online of course), that Prague is considered a city of magik, but I don't know.

The parts that stand out for me in this dream is the climbing the stone steps, with one in the middle of the climb (I remember from latest dream) falling away, and being emphatic about sitting in the row of desks where I would be on my own and not with a partner. And this time, the people sitting at the desks near me were looking at me and smiling, noone I knew, but had very sweet, kind faces.

It is interesting how dreams look too. I remember thinking as I was dreaming that everything looks real, not a fantasy, if that makes any sense. I also remember me saying to myself, 'ok, time to wake up now, which I did.' Weird, Funny, and Strange, but interesting.

Baroli

PS. Recurrent dream. Somebody's trying to say something.

memries

It is very difficult for you to ascend the staircase... and the step fell away while you were there. Despite the stepping falling away you continue your climb. So something will be difficult for you to do but not insurmountable.

You arrived in a classroom with other people but you were sensitive to them and chose to sit alone. There were several choices but you made yours. The teacher was kindly (maybe a guide ?) and she says the one word to you ...Prague ! In the second dream the characters were smiling. This might be a smile of encouragement. You were definitely having a lucid dream as you knew enough to awake and then you hear the word Prague again in your ear.
You mention higher learning. Is there a University in Prague ? Check out the root meaning of the word.
My friend just came back last year after a trip there and she said it was a glorious place full of wonderful architecture. In fact it was so nice her son went back (he is in England) and bought an apartment there to rent out for now. There is something about it that is fascinating.
Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Milfoil

Before you go to sleep tonight, relax and let the cares of the world pass away. When you are calm, ask your guide to help you understand this dream and even take you back there if possible. Ask what the word Prague means and if you can be given another sign to help you understand the meaning of the dream.

Let us know what happens. Memries has pretty much covered everthing that I was thinking and I don't have anything else to offer - sorry!

purple_scorp

Hi Baroli52,

is somebody currently challenging your spiritual beliefs?

The stone steps......ascension, leading to something higher for yoursElf. I don't see the classroom as formal education, moreso as learning life's lessons.

You want to go this alone (sit by yoursElf) but maybe it's a sign that you should unite with someone else of like mind. They (other students) were all smiling. They already know the secret. You haven't yet quite grasped it for yoursElf.

Stone is a very solid foundation, and the fact that it crumbled (fell away) may indicate that something you thought solid in your life actually has a fragile base.

I don't understand the significance of the word Prague but I will say because it was repeated in both dreams, and then in your waking state, is it possible that you are repeating something in your life and not learning from it?

This I feel is connected to your ability to team up/join with others on your journey.

with love
purple_scorp

Baroli

Update on dream

Thankyou Memries, Milfoil, and purple_scorp. These are things I had not thought about; I was looking directly at what was being shown as literal not symbolic of anything. But it is literal isn't it when you think about it. I do plan to try and see if I can get back there again, and yes, definitely ask my guide to help me.

I have always been interested in dreams and their interpretations. It started out as little deja-vu experiences as a child and has gradually built up over the years to things like foreseeing the deaths of various relatives, and visits from the scary dark cowelled (I think that's how you spell it), monk or something visiting me at my bedside as a teenager. I have never talked about these experiences with anyone until now for fear of being ridiculed. Thank goodness for this forum!! :grin: I have also seen a lady as a child watching over me and tucking me in at night.

I will definitely keep and update going here as well as in a dream journal I keep.

Peace
Baroli

Baroli

UpDate

Well, for the past two nights I have been trying to get back into the dream I had, without much luck. I realize this probably takes some discipline and know-how but I will keep trying. :grin:

In the meantime, I decided to do a little research on the word Prague. I jumped into Wikopedia and saw some stunning photographs of the city of Prague and was very impressed. But I wanted to know what the word meant. It means "borough". Ok, you say reading, that's nice but HUH?? That would be about my same reaction as well. So, I took it another step and found out what borough means. I came up with this definition, a community complete with administrators (teachers perhaps?), or a city of wisdom? Then wikopedia gives examples of shortened boroughs or bergs in various different languages Edinborough, Strousberg, etc. Then they broke it down to its roots of latin, greek, and aramaic. It is the aramaic that intrigued me. The word is "praga", which means growth. So, I think it would be safe to say that Prague is a borough of growth.

Now I may be reaching on this one, but here goes. Could it be that my dream is confirming that I am on the right path of spiritual growth by being involved in this Forum, that the teacher or guide in my dream is saying Prague and basically naming this place as a community of learning and growth? I know I am stretching here, but this is what the discussion is about stretching, growing and learning.

Baroli

memries

In my opinion it is very possible Baroli. That the word Prague was used is the mystery. On the other hand if you are dealing with someone with an archaic kind of way of thinking, why not ?
If you spoke with someone who was a Cockney and used that manner of speech it would take quite a while before you understood. After all communication is one of the things some of us do not do very well. I could say something to you and you could get totally the wrong meaning. (Happens all the time in this forum) So it may just be a way of putting an idea across to say the word Prague to you.
I think they wanted you to search for the meaning and "borough of growth" is a good one. You are growing otherwise you would be going backward. Everything you learn is a growth for you. Congrats !

Netzach

How interesting. As you haven't been able to get back into the dream while asleep have you thought of trying to do so in a waking state by using it as a visualisation while you're meditating? If you manage to do this, you could ask the teacher what she means by "Prague" - perhaps ask her to write it on the blackboard. Have a look at this thread and you'll see how Mia Dolan uses a blackboard visualisation (post #5).

Baroli

OOOhh thanks Netzach, I will check that out. I am really very excited about this. Perhaps I should be apprehensive, but I just can't be that way. I will as always keep you posted.

Baroli