Dreaming about a gun??

blackroseivy

I know I did dream about one - it was I think the night before last. I even pointed it at someone! :(

...Any clues as to what this very violent image could mean?

Milfoil

Sexual frustration?

Wishing to penetrate a difficult situation?

Its difficult to say without the rest of the dream to relate it to.

memries

Phallic symbol, violence, suppressed anger, feeling invaded ? Defence.

Not sure, hard to say when that is the only symbol. I guess it depends on how you were using it. A gun can mean many things really. It is an item that brings havoc of some type. It can also be a comfort and security.

blackroseivy

That last sounds perhaps right (though ODD for me who hates guns!) because I honestly don't really remember anything else about the dream - not even who I was pointing it at! Well, anyway thanx for some possibilities. ;)

memries

Trust me when you know there is a bear outside your cabin and you know you have a shotgun you are much more secure. Even if that is not true you feel that at least you have some defence.
We had a place pretty far North in the wilderness really and there were lots of nocturnal noises. My Mother had a shotgun and knew how to use it.
Nothing ever tried to break in as the place was very sturdy but windows are windows and always vulnerable.

I know you have been defending your stance lately and it may be telling you that you are doing alright in protecting your rights. That would be a good thought.

blackroseivy

AHA! You are a wise-woman indeed, I see exactly what you mean!

There was no real "anger" or emotion with it - it was all very matter-of-fact. That resonates all the better with what you have to say about it.

Thanx so much! :D

memries

Hang in Blackroseivy you are doing wonderfully well. Kind and compassionate but seizing the moment to live your life as you wish to live it. We all have that right. Sure you will have your moments but so what at least it is living. And you have all those good things ahead of you to look forward to.
Thinking about you and happy for you.

blackroseivy

AWWWWW thank you SO much, you & this community are SUCH a comfort to me always!! :D

(Like when I had my "night" a few nights ago, UGH I hope THAT doesn't happen again for a GOOD long while!)

GreenMoonBeam

Since you mention no 'violence' with the gun, maybe it is a type of strength for
you as you deal with life. And do not forget if there is 'another' night, you are
loved and will be cared for. Blessings :love:

blackroseivy

:D :D :D

Thank you - yes, it didn't FEEL violent! & I will always remember how wonderful peeps have been for me here when things have been a trial... ;)