Dreams? Nightmares & Thoth?

Cerulean

That was a fun comment, Twenty~One.

..and I'd never give cardboard and ink so much importance that I'd let them sleep with me.

It has an odd ring, doesn't it? In most cases, just for myself, projects or small, non-toxic pigmented art studies that I am working or mulling about go near my nightstand temporarily. It just directs my awareness and sometimes I remember through association something about either the study or a concept that I've been thinking about in a previous day or days before.

Of course I have a nightstand, an oversize bed that fits my tall husband and myself, so space isn't a problem. But I do have a bag or suitable container for those things.

And I'm very careful NOT to have on my nightstand hand-painted or loose pigment (charcoal, crayon) works, because I believe those works need to be an appropriate place to disperse their dust and one needs to be aware of toxicity in pigments, etc. Just me for my chosen art pigments...

Mari H.
careful uses, etc.

Best wishes,

Mari H.

Kosmos

lark said:
Well I looked through my Thoth last night before I went to bed and I had a dream.
I dreamt my husband bought me a used second hand Metro portable toilet stall for my birthday.
He had it standing proudly in the middle of my flower bed.

Yes, I would classify it as a nightmare.....

HAHAHA. That's a funny dream. Did you have to go to the bathroom when you woke up?

lark

Kosmos said:
HAHAHA. That's a funny dream. Did you have to go to the bathroom when you woke up?
Of course! :D
And I could hear Crowley giggling.

nyx*

Dreams and the Thoth deck

And here I thought I would just endlessly lurk, with nothing to say!

I recently looked at the Thoth deck. I mean *really* looked. I'd known that it existed for a while but suddenly, after I gave it my full attention for more than half a second, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I pined for it. One week ago today I bought it. It feels like I've had it a lot longer than that.

I have a "pocket on a string" that I usually put a new deck in to wear around the house when I'm starting to get to know it. After giving each card a good look over, into the pouch my new Thoth deck went. I wore the pouch to bed (I have found it hard to be separated from the deck when I know it's nearby) the evening of the 22nd and immediately had a nightmare.

Nightmares aren't uncommon for me. What was interesting this time was that I turned out the light between 9:30 and 10:00 and woke up from my nightmare around 11:15. Now that's a record for me! In my dream there were labyrintine halls full of scores of college-age women (I'm 28, 7 years out of college), and a pervasive sense of foreboding. An older man with dark hair hidden in a room behind the sea of women told me something that scared me (even in the dream I didn't understand his words so much as his feelings). I woke up inside my dream wearing exactly what I was wearing when I went to bed (including the Thoth deck), found and defeated a chainsaw-wielding maniac who had invaded my parent's house with my bare hands. I touched the chainsaw blade repeatedly, but even the maniac noticed that even though it touched me, it wasn't hurting me. It sure hurt him, though. I found other saws (coping saw, bone saw) as spooky little reminders of the violence but the dream ended without further drama.

Then I woke up outside the dream and spent a long time figuring out if I was completely awake yet. :) And of course I immediately wrote the dream down in the journal that lives by my bed. I went back to sleep, but with the deck on the pillow next to me, and dreamt more. The dreams I have had since the nightmare have all been vivid and occassionally intense, but none that woke me so viciously.

I tend to treasure my nightmares generally, as they usually tell me something important that I need to notice or do something about *right now.* Now that I think back on that first night "sleeping with Crowley" I wouldn't have it any other way. That was the "hello" I was supposed to get, I think, and it really fits with the strange attraction I've had with the deck since I first paid it attention. I think the deck somehow respects me more know that I've had the horrible nightmare, worked with it, and continue to keep the deck close at hand anyway. In fact, I can't wait to dig in deeper.

So that is my experience with crazy dreams and the Thoth deck.

nyx*

kingsofsleep

I sleep with not 1, but 2 thoth decks next to my bed (the xtra lg, and the xtra small) along with whatever book I am reading (it's duquette's right now) and I have yet to have any thoth related dreams...I would love to be treated with some...I used to do some rather interesting drug based meditative exercises with thoth back in my wilder days and had some very intense experiences.
(I hope I haven't offended anyone with this revelation)

Cerulean

Thankfully Duquette can share the love

of Thoth...he mentions Sargent Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band.

We can get a glimpse of the wilder inner histories some may have experienced in their inner expansion days.

But it seems now as more here would prefer to day-trip with Thoth than dance the night fantastic...I've enjoyed the sharing and was quite curious when I had read the people who did have memorable dream themes and attributed such experiencial events as part of their new deck experiences.

Thanks for all the notes! I find this a beautiful deck.

Mari

VGimlet

Even though I've been studying the Thoth for just three weeks, I actually didn't think I'd been having unusual dreams. Until I read nyx*'s posts.
My dreams are usually quite elaborate, but don't generally stick to a specific subject, but in the past two weeks, I've had several dreams about ghosts. Most are powerful, although I'm not scared, because usually, they can't hurt me. (Except in this one dream....)
Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe I'm dreaming about them because of they way I percieve the images in this deck - more mysterious, and often with meanings and purposes that are not fully revealed.

nyx*

VGimlet said:
Even though I've been studying the Thoth for just three weeks, I actually didn't think I'd been having unusual dreams. Until I read nyx*'s posts.
My dreams are usually quite elaborate, but don't generally stick to a specific subject, but in the past two weeks, I've had several dreams about ghosts. Most are powerful, although I'm not scared, because usually, they can't hurt me. (Except in this one dream....)
Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe I'm dreaming about them because of they way I percieve the images in this deck - more mysterious, and often with meanings and purposes that are not fully revealed.

In my case, I take the sudden crazy dream explosion in relation to my studying the Thoth deck as an indicator that parts of my brain that I maybe wasn't using all that much are getting woken up and put to use, with this deck as the catalyst. I think.

nyx*

Imagemaker

Re: Dreams and the Thoth deck

defeated a chainsaw-wielding maniac who had invaded my parent's house with my bare hands. I touched the chainsaw blade repeatedly, but even the maniac noticed that even though it touched me, it wasn't hurting me.

Wow, you showed the "dream forces" that you could handle them without fear or damage to your inner strength. Bravo! I feel you'll be able to wield the Thoth with skill and clarity.