Druid Animal Oracle SG?

inanna_tarot

Hi folks!
I've been using the Druid Animal Oracle - DAO - for a while now for meditations and ponderings on animal spirits/totems etc, and starting to do the odd reading with it.
So who would like to join me in working out these crazy critters? Go into their vibes, maybe some meditation if you feel inclined, their myths and legends? Spread our knowledge and understanding of them n all that jazz.
Anyone?

*hops off like a wee frog*
Sezo
x

inanna_tarot

lol or maybe not then :p

Sezo
x

OakDragon

I'd be willing to put my two cents in from time to time, but that's probably all you'll get from me, lol. It seems like every time I post about wanting to participate in an SG, life seems to get in the way and my participation peters out. So, while I probably wouldn't be a regular in the group, I'll poke my head in from time to time if somebody wants to start one.

Skydancer

Bumping this up!

Ya know, I have these cards - I wanted to use them in conjunction with other animals that pop up in tarot readings. Look for more ... oh I don't know, similarities - depth.

Ifn you still want to explore these guys, I would like to get to know them, and what you (and others!) think of them. Or how they apply -- or coincide with daily activities. Or .... whatever!!

I'll save this thread so I can keep track!

Later then ~
S:OS

Skydancer

Hi again!
Well, I dug up my Druid Animals and found that I had another deck in with them, Animal Spirits - knowledge cards. Paintings by Susan Seddon Boulet.
When I got these I sought to use them in conjunction with the Druid cards.

Boy, these Druid cards are large!!

Anyway, drew a card just now and thought I would post it and see what others have to say about it. In particular, in what other Tarot or Oracle decks does this animal appear?

OR:

What other deck card has this energy, in your mind's eye.

FIRE DRAGON

What a great beginning to my "studies"! I think this is telling me that there is a lot of energy here, that this is something that is going to grab hold of me and drag me through the fire. Hmmm ...

From the book :

Draig-teine
Transmutation, mastery, energy

Oh! There's a quote here from Beowulf. Has anyone here read that? We had to in my English class a couple of semesters ago. Totally fascinating!! Also ties in with the movie The 13th Warrior which itself was based on another book I think. Anyway, once you get into a circle of study it's amazing how many times similar themes begin to pop up.

Anyway - In the book it says that in the distance is Glastonbury Tor, another common image. But when I first looked at the card I felt that it would indeed be British, but my first thought was of Mayan structures down in Mexico.

The book says it's the flaming dragon of King Uther's vision.
Say! Doesn't that "gold torc - Cletic neck-ring indicating high status, rulership, and mastery" look like the Q-Ray bracelet as advertised on TV??!! ;)
So that's where they got the idea .... !

There's more here in the book for me to read, and I have a Celtic history book downstairs that I will look in later tonight to see if there is anything about Uther and dragons (of course) but any specific entry about this dragon from a dream. I'm rusty on my British history - and Celtic lore. That's why the books - to get caught up! Started this quest last summer but so much came up in personal life that it got quite litteraly shelved.

Anyone want to add thoughts about this card or image or how it has turned up in your life/readings? What other cards out there have this same or same type of dragon? I have the Dragon Tarot - I'll go check him out in there as well.

S:OS

edited to add:
The closest "animal" in the Animal Spirits deck is the crocodile - where it says "opportunity, risk, fertility, life," and that "they have often been associated with dragons" ...!!

I see this dragon as being very potent. The ideas of life and regeneration, rulership and mastery, are very strong emotions to deal with indeed. Maybe this card is akin to the Ace of Wands??

*S*

CloeCat

uummmm...Fire Dragon...

Greetings Skydancer,

I love D.A. Oracle, I work with it alot. I know what you mean about the cards being large. I had to learn a new way to shufle, cause I have small hands. ;)

My take on the Fire Dragon changes with each reading, most of the time I feel this Dragon wants us to learn how to put our energy to best use. That it would be happy to guide you in learning to use your energy wisely.

Looking at it now I feel: be careful where or who you burn your energy on and how much you give. Too much and you'll burn your self out or ware out your welcome. Too little and you will not learn how to fine tune it or you will lose your mastery of it.

Also depending on the other animals around it would effect the meaning of course. If asking what action to take? I feel put more passion and energy into it, get moving.

Skydancer

Hi CloeCat!
Do you do readings then with just the Animals? I haven't tried that -

I do 3-card readings and story readings mostly - what spread or positions do you use (that you would care to share!) that would be a good beginning for me to try? Maybe ... a small circle and see how energies shift depending on where in the circle they fall?

Now you've got me curious!!

Also wanted to add that your take on the Dragon hits home with me too, right now: "be careful where or who you burn your energy on ..." Now that I look at this dragon, still sitting here at the computer, that makes sense. Also what comes to my mind right this instant is: Don't stir things up!

*S*

CloeCat

Spreds

Hi Skydancer,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I did attempted to post one earlyer but for some reason the site would not post it. Go fiure.

As to your Question Yes, I do reading of all kinds with my DAO. I use the spreds that came in the book with the deck and I also let Mother Earth or/and my guides intuitivily show me how many cards to put down and what order to read them. The whole method of reading this oracle is really well laid out in the 3rd part of the book after the individual cards information section. I always start with smaller spreads and work my way up to more complex or higher # of cards, so I do not get over welmed with to many connections are coming at me and risk losing my focus. I also have tried the DAO in tarot spreads with great success.

Just be willing to let go and let inspiration of feelings, thoughts, areas, colors, symbols, and what knowledge you have of the animals come through with out judgement. Write your impressions down, what cards came up, and which spread used (not neccesarally in that order)if it helps you get more comfertable and see your progress.

I find Mother Earth or my guides tend to make things or sections of the cards stand out visually and spark my senses to the right direction in which cards are connected and talking about the same subject or divid the other cards/animals in to other areas or sub-issues invalved for the person I am reading for.
I also sense for energy with my hands, by hovering my hand(s) over the cards laid out and feeling for energy~ like warm or cold areas, or if my hand is dawn to touch certain cards, tingeling sensations, etc. This always works for me, especially when I ask for direction at the same time as hovering my hand. I do this hand hoving to read the spread and pick the cards depending on what I am feeling at the time.

I usually sense for the best way to read for the individual. So sometimes I will let them pull cards from the fan'd deck or I will only let them cut the deck or I will do it all my self if the person energy is easy to read or feels to out of balance to be allowed to touch the cards. Reading is very individual process for each seeker.

Hope this helps, sorry this took so long to be writen back to you.
Peace, Cloe

Skydancer

Yes! Let's!! :)

I would like to get to know how to use these in conjuction with other cards - or maybe they will speak by themselves??

In the Index just posted there are 3 cards listed. Let's add onto those, and then begin others.

Sound like a plan??

*S*