eight of swords as denial

Herzog

could this this card point toward conscious "denial" of the facts? A person who consciously denies the truth even though it is staring them in the face?

rwcarter

Yup. As I wrote here, it can easily represent "I hear nothing, I see nothing and you can't make me face the truth!"

Rodney

starrystarrynight

Sure, I think so--especially as a means to self-paralysis (inability to make the necessary decision to move forward.)

Shannon Rae

I've never thought of the 8 of swords like this. Interesting, don't know if I agree. I'll have to pay attention in my readings to this interp

rwcarter

Shannon Rae,

Welcome to Aeclectic!

No one's saying it's the only interpretation of the card. But it's definitely a possible interpretation given the right circumstances.

Rodney

Herzog

I also see "hesitation" in this card. Knowing what is right but hesitant to act.

irisa

I generally (generally because no card is an island for me but is always dependent on other cards, the situation at hand, and a variety of other factors) associate this card with an element of self imposed restriction and sometimes a degree of victim mentality, also a lack of confidence or energy, whether that translates to a straightforward "denial" with this card alone I'm not convinced.

irisa :)

nisaba

Having done a lot of readings for strangers, now you mention it, going on memory, this is the card that, when I am discussing it, people are most likely to deny, ie, to sit forward, interrupt, and say, "no, you're wrong".

Aladdin

i have to agree with nisaba. This card can indicate the face of forced blame onto others, possibly away from the recipient, is often complex like other swords: eyes of blame cast elsewhere on a limited yet controlled basis.

Nova

I have lept away from the books saying "stuck" or impass this and that. Cause I think that that is a lucky-guess set up. We're all hesitant to begin something, based on surety and motivation.

I think its more the transitional stage of something. Not the mobility portion but the "place in between" specifically, and this is funny: the mobile home. It's the house we stay in and for the most part either we dream of the grounded home or we've downsized as a retired couple. If the mobile home is our dream house then we are in love with the transitory representation of it.

Seperately, the 8 of swords is covered with "bolletos", tickets or scripts (as in med prescriptions). This is a piece of paper that will get you from one state of being to another. That is un-well to hopefully better, bored to excited. crazy-nuts hyper to relaxed. From haven't seen THAT band, to wow what an experience! It's the time frame from I'm going to take you to the circus to actually being at the circus.

Seperately, yep there's another one, geometric construct of one computer interfacing with another computer. I'm talking the point where your computer get's an upgrade that is more than a software installation. You will buy a new mother-board or drive, or two computer lovers will buy-switch-build and discuss new and improved things, issue being that day. It's the leap from a "paper" ticket mentioned above, cause it's a hard item representing a ticket to new venues.

It's only because the historical appointments to the 8 of swords are so vague (indicating a void) AND I personally resent the usual illustration of a woman "stuck in victimology" bound and tied--Ahh! made me so mad that I studied and "went into the card" etc to extract the answer.