electronic pollution: which crystals?

Sophie

Can anyone suggest easily-available crystals to place around the computer/phone/TV etc. or to carry around, to diminish the effect of electronic pollution from these machines? Apart from carrying them around or placing them near an electronic implement, how else can they be used or applied? How must they be cared for?

Netzach

Amethyst is probably the best. BUT it can affect your computer - cause it go haywire. So you have to choose the crystal with care and ask it if it's OK to put it next to the computer. (I have this from a crystal expert.)

Personally, I have an ionizer next to the computer and an anti-radiation screen.

Nearly forgot - care of the amethyst. They tend to be self cleansing so you don't need to do much to them. Perhaps every six months or so leave it in the sun for a few hours.

SilverCloudedWolf

You could try black tourmaline or smoky quartz, and any crystal used for this would need to be cleansed fairly regularly due to the absorption of the elctronic pollution.

Silver

Sophie

Thank you!

Netzach said:
Amethyst is probably the best. BUT it can affect your computer - cause it go haywire. So you have to choose the crystal with care and ask it if it's OK to put it next to the computer. (I have this from a crystal expert.
Oh, that's handy! I never go anywhere without a piece of amethyst - it's my birthstone, apart from anything else. I hope the one I have with me at the moment will be OK and not make the computer go haywire. I'll try it here (at the office) - if it does go haywire, we have a small army of computer geeks to fix it ;) (and I would love to see their faces if I told them - "my amethyst done it" :D).

I'll give black tourmaline a go too - I have a small rocky piece of it at home, which I found in Namibia. I'll put it next to my home computer. How would you cleanse it from this kind of pollution, SilverCloudedWolf?

catlin

Hi Helvetica, you can use black Schörl (black Tourmaline) or Rose Quartz. Some of our IT guys have placed Rose Quartz slabs around their computer.

As for cleansing them: you can place them on a bed of Hematite and recharge them either in morning sunlight or with some clear rock quartz.

catlin

BTW Himalayan salt is also said to cleanse the air from negative radiation. I have some salt lamps in my reading room and in the living room.

Sophie

Rose quartz - another favourite!

Thanks for the cleansing tips, catlin :)

I'll look up Himalayan salt.

NewAgeWeb

I have a piece of Amethyst with a diode on bottom next to my computer - have for probably 9 years now. I'm trying to remember where I ordered it from though... I'm sure you could Google it and find some places.

Negative ions are a great way to deal with the effects of EMF. I however do not generally recommend any sort of electronic ionizer. They are great in that they put out lots of negatives ions, but they also put out ozone, which many consider to be hazardous.

A natural ionizer is indeed a salt lamp. Himalayan salt is considered the best kind and you commonly find it from either the Poland or Pakistan side of the great mountain range. Also, if you want what many consider to be the best consumption salt, Himalayan salt can't be beat. Essentially it's sea salt (with all the minerals the human body has/needs) but it's millions of years old and doesn't have the many years of pollution commonly associated with sea salt.

If anyone is interested in either consumption salt or a salt lamp, I have a few clients here in the US and one in Canada that sell a wide variety of them at great prices. Feel free to PM if you want links to those sites.

And if you Google 'salt lamps' it's best to compare lamps by weight, not heights to ensure you get the best value.

For a small desk side lamp I would be sure you have a 15 watt bulb in the lamp and for larger room sized lamps, a 25 watt bulb is best. Some places sell them with 7 or even 4 watt bulbs and they may be fine purely for a night light, but they are ineffective as ionizers as it's the heat of the bulb that generates the ions - and anything less than 15 watts just won't produce much heat.

tarotbear

Very interesting thread!

I was going to say - be careful of any crystals near high-electronic devices because crystals vibrate with their own frequencies and the two may not be compatible! However, I, too, was going to suggest amethyst - perhaps as earrings and a necklace...

(BTW - has anyone's quartz watch ever been affected by bening around electronic devices?}

TemperanceAngel

I will suggest the same as others. I have amethyst on my TV and computer.

Aquamarine is supposed to be good for mobile phones.

Lepidolite is another one for this use.

Rose Quartz as well, but I personally would place that near the equipment, not on it.

I think clear quartz and spirit quartz clusters would have an effect placed in the room with such equipment by redirecting energies :)