Emperor/4 of Swords as a place....

214red

I had the emperor card as a stalker card (RWS), and i took it out and asked the same question about where, and kept getting the 4 of swords (sensual wicca).

now they are both 4s, and the feel linked, but i cant think of the emperor as a location, nor the 4 of swords apart from a hospital.

any ideas?

omnislashed

My immediate impression: The Four of Swords can be a resting place in general. There's a necessity for a quiet, unchanging, sequestered scene -- so in terms of representing a particular area, it could just signify a private space that you (or somebody else) feels enormously comfortable in. I'd imagine it's the antithesis of a bustling social setting (or if it is a social setting, then it's a place where people generally keep to themselves). But since it's a card of solitude, it could even represent a home.

As for the Emperor, this could mean so many things in terms of areas, so somebody else might have to step in. I'd guess it would pertain to a family or business setting, but that's all I've got for now.

Thirteen

214red said:
I had the emperor card as a stalker card (RWS), and i took it out and asked the same question about where, and kept getting the 4 of swords (sensual wicca).
The Emperor is always shown in a throne room--his command center. That is the place where he reminds everyone of who is in control, of who is the authority in that land. It is a place that focuses his passion, and sharpens his mind, a place where he turns chaos into order. So. Where is your command center? When you're there, you are in command, your passions are focused, your mind gets clear and sharp, anxieties fall away, you get re-energized, and it's like you can control your life. 4/Swords, a place to retreat to in order to get you re-energized and re-focused. Just like the Emperor's throne room, only quieter and more serene.

Understand, by the way, that you only got 4/Swords because you removed the Emperor...which forced the cards to say, "Well, if we can't use that card (Emperor), we'll use this one that confuses our reader even more (4/Swords)..." The cards will slap your hands (as it were) if you insist on an answer, but refuse to listen to that answer. Removing a stalker card from the reading isn't the solution. Asking the deck to explain the stalker card is.

Next time you get a stalker, take it out and rather than putting it aside, focus on it. Say to the deck: "I don't understand, can you clarify?" Then shuffle and put down other cards atop the emperor (or do a spread around it), allowing the cards to explain. Remember, stalker cards aren't always a message about a particular question--they can be a general message that the cards want you to hear right now--like "Emperor! Call your dad!" or "Emperor! Talk to your boss!" They're a red flag and the message may be important in and of itself, not as part of the question you're asking.

Removing them from the deck is like ignoring an urgent e-mail.

214red

i did also keep the emperor in and shuffle using a different deck asking for it to explain the emperor, and it brought up the 4 of swords, and the emperor is 4 too and it felt right so i have tried various things

i also didnt want to pull too many cards hence the emperor clarified by the 4 of swords which turned up 4 times i shuffled the SW deck so it obviously wanted that card to show in the SW to compare in the RWS, the emperor in the SW didnt show up once, and looking at the cards you can see why
the 4 of swords in the SW is showing you swords on a wall with a small window, and its within a castle

Thirteen

214red said:
i did also keep the emperor in and shuffle using a different deck asking for it to explain the emperor, and it brought up the 4 of swords, and the emperor is 4 too
Fair enough. There you go. It's a place where you can regain your power, focus, control, energy and authority. Where would that place be? It may be one you already know...or a place you aspire to gain. Is there a throne that you're after? A position of command where you feel you'd be energized and focused?

214red

i meant to say thank you for the help as well, sorry if i came accross bluntly

214red

Thirteen said:
Fair enough. There you go. It's a place where you can regain your power, focus, control, energy and authority. Where would that place be? It may be one you already know...or a place you aspire to gain. Is there a throne that you're after? A position of command where you feel you'd be energized and focused?
this is curious because i dont think its work because there was a reschuffled and i didnt come out as well as a had before, i am lodging with someone so it wont be my home (i am a cancerian its my safety net), you also cant meet someone in your bedroom...lol

actually it could be my office, its not soo much command but i feel comfortable there

cant think of other places though

Fostha

214red said:
this is curious because i dont think its work because there was a reschuffled and i didnt come out as well as a had before, i am lodging with someone so it wont be my home (i am a cancerian its my safety net), you also cant meet someone in your bedroom...lol

actually it could be my office, its not soo much command but i feel comfortable there

cant think of other places though
Off the top of my head,how about the library?? There deathly silent,and could also be seen as a rather preparatory place. Just another thought.

214red

i love libraries as i love books.....but i dont go often, but its an option.
maybe at college ?

Thirteen

214red said:
i love libraries as i love books.....but i dont go often, but its an option. maybe at college ?
A library works well for the 4/Swords, but not for Emperor + 4/Swords. If you'd gotten Hermit + 4/Swords or Queen/Swords + 4/Swords, that would just about scream "Library." College is a possibility if it's some place at the college where you feel in charge of the learning. Or perhaps the office or classroom of a favorite, in-charge sort of teacher.

The throne room may not be yours--it may belong to someone else--an Emperor figure to you (meaning fatherly and authoritarian)--but it still represents a refuge, a place where you can gather your thoughts and, maybe in talking with this person, re-energize yourself.